Chapter 16: 50 Feet Below

Karli's P.O.V.

I ran and ran and ran. I had no idea where I was going. I had a panic attack at school. Mark is probably telling everyone right now.

Oh God. I had a panic attack in front of Mark. My life is ruined. I don't get what I did to deserve this? Why does this stuff always happen to me? What did I do wrong?

I stopped running when I ran out breath. I took in my surroundings. I realized just how much I ran when I noticed I was at my hiding spot across the town. At the edge of a forest behind a park. I guess my feet just took me here.

I collapsed on the ground and leaned against a tree. I started crying again. Everything bad that has been in my life was zooming in my head.

I can't take this anymore. So much has happened in my life. It hurts every time I got up. Thinking that I had nothing to live for. Nobody that cared for me. That nobody could ever care. Nobody would miss me. They wouldn't even notice that I was gone. It wouldn't even have an effect if I was gone.

I was useless. Hopeless. Lost. Nobody loved me. I wasn't wanted. I'm worthless. I don't deserve to be alive. I was a waste of space.

I got up with tears still streaming down my face. I walked to the edge of the cliff that had a shallow creak at least 50 feet below.