Chapter 14: Check

Mark's POV

UGH.

I toss and turn for at least ten more minutes before I actually get up. I sit up to look at my phone. Holy shit on a shingle!

This is not okay. Why the fuck am I up at 5 a.m.?

Oh.

It's her, Karli.

I'm excited to see her. I was thinking about her all night. Me. Thinking about a girl? I'm not used to that.

Remember wham bam thank you mam? Yeah. I don't think she's going to be in that category. She's different.

***

As I'm driving to the school, she's on my mind the whole time. Whole damn time. Not used to that either. So far I'm not use to anything that has to do with her.

It frustrates me, yet at the same time it intrigues me. Yet its still frustrating. Ugh. This is not cool. So not cool.

When I snap out of my thoughts, I realize that I'm already parked in the school parking lot. Wow. I'm out of it. When I get out, I start walking towards the main doors. The whole time walking I was wondering what she was wearing today.

Mark!! Snap out of it! I don't think I can though. She's literally on my mind all day.

She has pretty much everything a guy could ask for.

Sweet, check.

Nice, check.

Funny, check

Outgoing yet a little shy, check.

Beautiful, check.

Amazing hair, check.

Talented, check.

Athletic, check.

Great style, check.

Flawless singer, check.

Smart,check.

Gorgeous eyes, check.

Good personality, check.

Sexy, check.

Rockin body, definitely a check.

Could a guy ask for anything more?I wouldn't think so. Is there anything better.

I actually kind of want to ask her out. What if she says no? What if she doesn't feel the same way? I don't think I could handle that.

Whatsoever.

I would be devastated.

Ugh. I need to grow a pair. Seriously. If Jayce finds out what I'm thinking, he would never let me hear the end. He would laugh so hard. It's not like I've never asked a girl out before. I've never even had troubles with this before. I'm always so bold about it. Straight to the point. So much confidence.

Why is this so different? She's just another girl. No she's not. She's special. She makes my heart speed up to an impossible speed. Makes my brain jumbled. I feel like a different person around her. A better person. She makes me want to be a better person. I've never felt this way.

I walk through the doors and head to the foyer. I instantly meet Karli's eyes. Woah. How can somebody pull off pajamas like that? It doesn't many sense.

These weren't the cookie monster pajamas though. These ones were cupcakes. I suddenly like cupcakes.

Geez. What has she done to me?

Is that a Beastie Boys band shirt. Oh my God.

Good taste in music, check.