10

Kelly

After Solo and came from the mall I drove straight home still thinking about Bey. I really thought she was never coming back , somehow I even forgot about her. But now that she's back things are gonna be a bit awkward for me. How do you smile with your best friend knowing that you're engaged to her ex lover, the ex that she used to be so crazy about until she was forced to leave him. Not only am I engaged with Shawn but we have a beautiful 12 year old daughter together.

I don't know how is Shawn gonna feel when I tell him about Beyoncé 's return, but he and I need to have a serious talk before we go to that get together tomorrow.  I know its not in Bey's intentions to complicate anyone's life considering the fact that she's been back for a year now and never even bothered to tell anyone but somehow I know she must still have some sort of feelings for Shawn, and I know when he sees her its gonna open up some old wounds. I guess I'll just have to prepare myself and I tell you this I will fight for my happiness no matter what.

When I got home I saw Shawn and Normani in the lounge playing some video games.

"I'm home" I walked to kiss Mani on the cheek and then kissed my fiancé on the lips.

"Hey baby" he said still concentrating on the game i went to sit next to Normani

"How was the party baby?" I asked kissing her cheek again

"It was great mama, Tia asked me to sleep over at her house tomorrow she says her mama's gonna take us both to school" she looked at me with pleading eyes

"I don't even know her mom, Mani"

"Here this is her number call her, please mama" she Said handing me a business card, my Jaw dropped when i saw Beyoncé 's name on the card.
"Mom are you ok ?"

"Is Beyoncé Tia's mom?" I asked still in disbelief, Shawn let go of what he was doing and took the card to read it him self i could see he was also shocked.

"That's impossible Beyoncé's in New York she's been there for years" he said trying so hard to convince himself that it wasn't true

"Tia said they moved here last year from New York because her mama got a promotion this side, you know her?" Mani asked looking specifically at me.

"Uh yeah she and i used to be best friends back in high school"

"Great, this is even better now that you know her can i go and sleep over there tomorrow?" She seemed excited and i didn't wanna spoil her mood

"I'll call her later baby, can you go to your room your dad and i have something very important we need to talk about"

"Oh thank you mama" she kissed my cheek and then ran upstairs to her room. It was only Shawn and me now in the lounge, we fell into an awkward silence until I decided to speak

"Solo and i ran into her at the mall today"

"Who, Beyoncé?" He asked and i nodded
"So she's really back?" He asked still staring in space.

"yeah and Solo invited her to her house tomorrow for our get together" We fell into silence again, i wanted to know what was going on in Shawn's mind

"So what's gonna happen to us now that she's back?" I asked he turned his focus on me

"Kelly we're engaged and we have a daughter together, i love you her coming back isn't gonna affect our relationship, she's the one that messed everything up and she's married" he said i looked down playing with my fingers,

"Well not anymore she told us that she got divorced"

"Well that's too bad for her but im sure she got over me a long time ago just like i have, im happy with you and our baby girl and nothing's gonna change that" i smiled and kissed his lips when he said that. Honestly that's all i wanted to hear more than anything.