Chapter 10 - Thankful for everything.

Christmas was drawing ever closer. I had now been in Canada for a few months now.
I was getting used to school and all the homework, a LOT of homework. Honestly it was tiring, school all day, dance until 9:40 then home for homework but I was happy.

This move meant I could spend more time with my family especially with my dad. I share a special bond with my day unlike anything else. I'm not sure how to describe it but I just loved him lots I guess, I even loved his embarrassing nickname for me not that I would ever admit to it though. Not that I didn't love the rest of my family but it was a special relationship with my dad.

As my Dad struggled to explain the main principles of homeostasis to me on one cold November night, I remember looking at him completely ignoring the biology help but thinking how lucky I was.

Lucky to have a loving family, a good education and a amazing dance studio. I almost felt guilty for everything I had. I was one of the lucky ones. In that moment I decided that I wanted to be able to share my love for dance with the world.

Dance is my world.

It has guided me through my whole life, helped me through every problem I have ever faced, allowed me to show my happiness and my sadness. To think many children in many countries don't get the chance to dance did upset me. It's not fair not to be able to dance.

"Briar love, are you understanding any of this?"

"Um... YES! I think I get it now. Thank you so much Dad! I love you so much. I hope you know that."

"Of course Briarbells. I love you too. It's getting late, you should get rest for school and dance tomorrow."

"'Kay, goodnight Dad." I said going up to my room.

"Night, sweet dreams." He called after me.

Sat up in my room, I desperately trying to think of a way to provide dance for others who deserve it. I remembered seeing a charity poster at school. My school was having a cake sale for the children's hospice in Toronto. Ugh how could I help? I wanted to make a difference so bad in their lives.

I fell asleep that night, dreaming of dance and helping others be happy.

sorry there is no Bryles in this chapter. I'm building up to something so this was a filler chapter.