Chapter 02

Chapter Two

-Vincent P.O.V.

I gripped her forearm to make her come back. She spun around swiftly and took off her sunglasses. For the first time in those 60 seconds we just met, I could finally see what her eyes would look like. It was just like how I imagined them would be. Her big, bright ocean eyes amazed me the most, next to her kissable lips. Her face was undescribable, it was just fantastic without any make up on.

I grinned to myself at her beauty, and realized that I wasn't the only one in the room. "You found out mine, will you please tell me yours?" I mumbled to her, pleading with my innocent looking face. For a second there, I thought she was going to finally give in when she heard my very rare French accent. I, Vincent Sucre had a French father. My mother was English/British but my father was French. I didn't want to speak in any foreign accents, because I didn't want anyone to be impressed by me at all.

But when she smiled at my words, I could tell that she was too impressed which I hoped she would say her name. But instead, she looked down and shook her head. Her long strawberry blonde hair flipped and it got me overwhelmed. My heart melted but I would never give up on finding her name. "At least tell me your last name if you do not want to say your first name?" I negotiated her as I circled my thumb on her skin.

She suddenly giggled and looked back up to me. She put on her sunglasses and said, "Fine, I'll tell you only my last name, which is Hershey." Hershey. My grip on her arm softened as I tried to gather words to reply to her statement. Hershey. Was she kidding me? Or was she just too scared to tell a stranger her own name? I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I couldn't say anything. Was she lying to me? Was she trying to pull something on me?

I gave her the blank expression and she sighed. "My last name is Hershey. And I bet there are many people on this planet with the same last name, so good luck on finding me," she responded to my silence and walked out the door. It was obvious she didn't want me to get to know her. Was it just because she was shy? Arrogant, I would say when she told me her last sentence.

After my shift was over, I went back home. I walked through the hallway towards my bedroom and didn't even notice my mum by the kitchen asking, "How was work?" All I could ever think about was that Hershey girl. Even if I wasn't crazy about her, I would respond to my mum, "Oh, I just met a beautiful blonde girl and she refused to tell me her name. She said that her last name is Hershey."

I shut the door and gazed out my window. It was the first week of summer but I felt as though summer had happened three months before. Children were playing, adults were laughing and teenagers were kissing. I had never been kissed nor had I ever had a girlfriend before. It made me jealous when I saw couples everywhere. It seemed as though they were mocking me just because I was hopeless at finding the right girl.

But I had the feeling that the Hershey girl would be mine. She would show me how my first kiss would taste like.

Comment.Vote.Follow.

-Yasmine x