That Sounds Terrible

Lee walks out into the rain and scans the street for the brunette. He doesn't spot her from the doorway so he trudges down the street through the puddles while calling her name every so often. He passes a boy a little younger than Lucy and asks if he's seen her. He nods and points further down toward the small park. Lee picks up his pace and runs his hand over his face to wipe off some of the rain. Finally he spots a blur of red in front of him and runs toward her.
"Lucy!"
"Go away Lee." She mutters as he catches up.
"Come back to the shop."
"No. I'm going to New York. Screw Fred." She keeps walking, choosing not to look at him.
"He didn't mean any of that Lucy and you know it. He was scared and worried sick the whole time you were gone. He owled me multiple times throughout the year to make sure you were alive. While I don't agree with how he went about it, I agree that you can't just go to New York by yourself especially right now."
"I don't have time to waste Lee. I need to get out of this as soon as possible. Once schooling starts again I'll be stuck at Hogwarts. I have the rest of this summer left really. It's now or never. I have until Christmas."
"Look. Let's just go back for now. Write a letter and give it to Arthur and he will make sure it's sent to New York. See what they can do now before you go all the way out there."
She sighs and eventually nods, following Lee back to the apartment.
When they walk in, Fred and George are seated on the couch and love seat talking in hushed voices. Fred looks to Lucy but she stares past him and goes to her trunk for dry clothes. She disappears into Fred's bedroom and shuts the door with a definitive thud. George and Lee share a look before turning to Fred. Fred ignores their gazes and stares at the bedroom door. Lee sighs and pulls dry clothes from his trunk and changes in the bathroom. He steps out a minute later and gives Fred another pointed look since Lucy hadn't returned. George gives the same look as well until Fred sighs and moves to the door. He tries to open it but finds that she'd locked it from the inside. He knocks lightly and hears her voice telling him to go away.
"Lucy, you're in my bedroom. Just let me in please?"
"It's my bedroom now. You can sleep with Lee, he seems to be your type." She retorts.
George snorts with laughter at her remark, earning glares from the other two.
"If you won't open the door I'll open it myself."
Silence ensues for a moment until the lock clicks and Fred walks inside. Lee and George sneak over to the door to eavesdrop until Fred kicks the door and tells them to cook dinner, then casts a muffling charm on the room.
Fred turns around to find Lucy in a tank top and a pair of jeans, curled up on the bed facing away from him. He sits down next to her and softly says her name. She ignores him and sighs.
"Look Lucy, I'm sorry about what I said. I just don't want to lose you again."
"It just occurred to me that we never got together as boyfriend and girlfriend." She mutters quietly. "We kissed at the ball and just rolled with it. That's weird."
"That is weird. Were you listening to me though?"
"I always listen to you, on matter what you say. Sometimes it's a curse."
"Do you forgive me?" He asks quietly while running his fingers through her hair.
"Always."
She sits up and lays her head on his shoulder, enjoying the comfort of being at ease for once. They sit in a comfortable silence until Fred moves her face toward his and kisses her gently. This kiss deepens and Fred lifts her onto his lap. The door flies open and they break apart instantly causing Lucy to fall off the bed and onto the floor.
"Oh come on, I wasn't even close to the end of the bed this time!"
They all laugh at her as she sits up and glares at the two intruders. They grin sheepishly before making jokes about the two of them and announcing that dinner is ready. Fred helps her to her feet and they walk into the main room to find tough, blackened cheeseburgers sitting on a plate.
"Who made this?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at the plate.
"We both did. We know it sucks but we don't know how to cook."
She sighs and nudges them out of the way before rummaging through the cabinets and fridge for something to cook. She finds more hamburger meat and pats them into burgers before placing them on a skillet.
"Honestly how did the three of you survive without me?"
"Take out or eating the remains of what was cooked."
"That sounds terrible."
She flips the burgers and asks for another soda. Fred hands her one and the three take a seat while she cooks.
"How'd you know how to cook? You had elves to cook for you."
"It was one of my job requirements. Can't be a good housewife if you can't cook. Same as dancing."
She flips burgers a few minutes later and adds cheese to them. A few minutes later she plates them and presents them to the boys to eat. They fix their burgers and hesitantly stare at them before taking a bite.
"This is delicious. Lucy is now our chef for the rest of our lives. You're not allowed to leave ever again." George says.
She rolls her eyes as the others agree and fixes a burger for herself. She lifts herself onto the counter next to her soda and eats quietly. She looks up at the lack of sound to find the boys staring at her. With a mouthful of food, she asks what they're staring at.
"You're eating."
"So?"
"Nothing. Just eat. It's good for you."