Chapter 2

"I heard she keep her promises and never turn on you. I heard she ain't gon cheat and she ain't gon never make no move. I heard she be there anytime you need her, she come through."

-Future

★Tay

I just blew my whistle at this little boy for getting to close to the deep end. "You don't reach the height requirement!"

"It's alright, he's going in with me." This guy said as he grabbed the boy's hand, winking at me.

I shook my head, That nigga ugly ass fuck! I wanted to yell out, "Don't fucking wink at me, you broke down piece of shit!" I couldn't though, this is not the place for all that.

I'm a lifeguard at the local YMCA. Niggas be trying to hit on me all the time. I already got a big booty, then I got to wear this swim suit. Smh. I wear shorts over it though, to hide my ass.

"Tangela, could you come help me with this? Jordan asked while putting up the pool supplies.

I looked around to make sure everything was okay before I agreed.

I looked at him and grabbed the towel from him. "You are horrible at this."

"I know, that's why I asked for your help." He said while reaching for another towel.

"Why they got you on towel duty if you can't even fold?"

"Hell I don't know. I think it's cause that new guy, Zack, runnin late."

"Oh." I quickly showed him how to properly fold the towels. I needed to get back to my post before I got in trouble.

Jordan told me, "Thanks," before I returned to the lifeguard tower. I finished my shift for another thirty minutes.

As I got down, Brittany Lacey was coming in, swishing her ass for every one to see. I swear that's the only reason she became a lifeguard. I'm pretty sure she could care less about supervising others, let alone saving someone's life.

We crossed paths, "Hey Tangela," she said trying to be all friendly.

"Whats sup Brittany," I said still walking. I'm not the type to be rude, but if she didn't say anything to me, I sure wasn't about to say anything to her. What I look like socializing with the enemy? That would be so damn fake. I only put up with her cause we work together.

I clocked out then went to the locker room to change. Paula made our nail appointment for three. So I'm about to get something to eat before I head to the Mo.

★Jordan

Man, Tangela is my type of girl. She's 5'2, milk chocolate, beautiful face, thick, and got an amazing personality. She started working here at the Y, about two weeks ago. She helped me out with folding towels earlier. I now how to fold though, mama taught me right. I just played dumb, to get her attention.

She just clocked out and was heading towards the locker room. We got off at the same time, so I figured why not ask her to lunch. I clocked out, hurried to the men's locker room to throw on something more suitable.

I walked out the locker room hoping she hadn't left yet. I turned the corner to enter the lobby and *BAM* she ran into me.

"Oh, my bad," she said backing up.

I smiled, "It's cool. What you about to get into?"

"Just about to go get something to eat, then head over to the nail shop," she said looking up at me.

"Oh same here. I'm heading over to Chilli's. Wanna join me?"

"Umm, sure," she said smiling.

We headed out the building to my car. I went over to the passenger's side and held the door open for her.

"Thank you," she said as she slid in to the seat.

I got in the car and drove down the street to Chili's.

Once we were inside, we sat down and ordered.

"So, Tangela..." I started.

"Oh, call me Tay. I only prefer to be called Tangela in professional settings."

"Iight then, Tay," I said taking a sip of my water. "Where you stay at?" I asked trying to get to know her better.

"Sunnyside," she replied.

"Oh, yea? I stay out that way too. By Whorthing."

"Senior?"

"Nah, i just graduated. I just got accepted to Prairie View."

"Congratulations. Im thinking about attending P.V.. I wanna major in business."

"That's wass sup. What kinda businesses you want to open?"

"Well, I'm almost done earning my cosmetology degree. With this being my senior year, I'll be finishing that course this year. So the first business I plan on opening is a Beauty Salon." She said with a proud smile.

"Cool, let me make my appointment now, cause I know you gon be hella busy." I said winking at her.

She smiled, grabbed a napkin and pulled a pen from her purse. She wrote something down then placed the pen and napkin into her purse.

I looked at her confused. She just smiled and winked at me.

"Ahhh, she got game," I thought to myself.

The waitress brought us our food. We continued to talk as we ate. When we finished our food. She reached for her wallet to pay her share.

"Nah ma, I got this. Why would I invite you and make you pay?"

"Well alright then. Thanks," she said zipping her purse back.

"No problem," I said digging into my jeans to get the money. I flicked a few bills. Left a nice tip. And with that being done we left.

When we got to the car, I did the little door thing, and drove back to the Y so she could get her car.

Before she stepped out, she handed me the napkin. "See you around, " she said before closing my car door.

I looked at the napkin it read, "Call 713-456-7890 to make your appointment official. ; ) "