Chapter 5

"You know the man of my dreams might walk around the corner tomorrow. I'm older and wiser and I think I'd make a great girlfriend. I live in the realm of romantic possibility."

-Stevie Nicks

★Tay

Swisha ass really spent a grip on Paula. Being a thug's girl has its pros at times. Speaking of thugs I ain't talked to my nigga Rodney in a minuet. I'll hit him up when I get home.

Its about five o'clock and I'm driving home. It seems longer. I been to work, had lunch with Jordan, and that scene at the nail shop. Smh. I'm ready to go take a nice hot bubble bath.

I pulled up to the apartment complex, waved at the security guard to let me in. He opened the gate and I drove through. Turned a few times then found an open parking space. I got a few stares as I walked passed a group of thugs and they females. Don't give a damn. I kept walking until I got to the outdoor stair case. We lived on the second level of a three story apartment building.

I unlocked the door and was headed straight to my bedroom. My sister, Tiffany and her boyfriend Tweety was chilling at the dining room table. I said,"What's up," and kept on walking.

I went in my room, grabbed my black boy shorts, a bra, and a pink tank top. I also grabbed my vanilla bubble bath, a wash cloth and a dry off towel. I walked back out my room and across the hall to the bathroom. I ran some warm water, poured the bubble bath into it, got undressed. I stopped the running water then got in.

As I soaked in the water, I decided to go ahead an call Rodney.

[Phone Conversation]

Tay: "Hey Ro Ro"

Rodney: "Hey baby, what's up?"

Tay: "Just got in, taking a bubble bath."

Rodney: "Oh, forreal? You gon let me join? "

Tay:"Haha, Rodney you know those days are over."

Rodney: "Yeah, I know. What you been up to?"

Tay: "Shiit, work. I went to the nail shop with Paula and Mo earlier. Oh! Why Swisha ass bought Paula a brand new Camry?"

Rodney: "Ahh! Word?"

Tay: "Yup, he wanted to let her know how much he loved her and wanted to make up for what he did."

Rodney: "That damn Swisha T"

*Beep*

Tay: "Haha, Yea"

*Beep*

I looked at my phone it was a 832 number. I told Rodney to hold on as I clicked the line over.

Tay: "Hello?"

???: "Hey Tay"

Tay: "Umm, who is this?"

???: "Jordan"

Tay: "Oh, Hey Jordan"

Jordan: "How are you Ms. Tay?"

Tay: "I'm fine, but could I call you back when I get out the tub?"

Jordan: "Oh yea, sure"

Tay: "Alright, I'll call u back in about twenty minutes"

Jordan: "Alright"

(I clicked back over.)

Rodney: "Tell that nigga, he better have my money!"

Tay: "Rodney..."

Rodney: "Oh, Hey ma. I'ma call you back tomorrow morning"

Tay: "Alright, be careful"

Rodney: "Alright, Love you"

Tay: "Love you too, bye"

Rodney: "Bye"

I hung up the phone and started to bathe.

I got out the tub and applied my favorite lotion all over my body, Jergen's Cherry Almond.

"Damn, I Love this smell."

I put on my deodorant and brushed my teeth. Threw on my clothes and gathered all my things. As I opened the door I ran into Tweety.

"Oh, my fault Tweety." I said looking up at him. He was about a good foot taller than me. He was a yellow bone and had blue eyes, that's why they called him Tweety. He was mixed with white and black. He's also basically Swisha T's best friend. So you know they run the hood together.

"My fault shawty," he said stepping aside. I walked past him and entered my bedroom.

"Tiff!" I yelled as I placed my dirty clothes into the hamper. "Tiff!"

"What guh?" Tiffany asked me as she stood in my door way.

"Mama left yet?"

"Yeah, she been gone. You know she all about her dough." She said turning to walking back into the living room.

"Alright, close the door."

My mama name is Kacy, A.K.A. "Cookie". She works at footlocker by day and a stripper at night. My mama a freak, she'll let everyone know too. She cool, cause she still think she young. So she be out partying and shit. But I'm about to call Jordan fine ass back.

[Phone Conversation]

*Rings a few times*

Jordan: "Hey"

Tay: "Hey"

Jordan: "What you doin?"

Tay: "Re-painting my toes"

Jordan: "I thought you went to the nail shop..."

Tay: "I did, but I only got my nails done. I figured I can do my toes myself."

Jordan: "Oh ok, what you got planned for Friday?"

Tay: "Hell, work then take my ass home. Why what's up?"

Jordan: "Would you like to go to the pier with me?"

Tay: "The new pier in Galveston?!?!"

Jordan: "Haha, yea"

Tay: "I would love to go Jordan! I been wanting to go ever since it's been open"

Jordan: "Ha alright, well that's what we gon do."

Jordan's a nice guy, good looking, and my type. I wonder where this will go.

The rest of the night I was on the phone with Jordan and watched t.v.