Chapter 9

★Paula

"Diamond! Diamond! Wake yo trifling ass up and get ready! " I said throwing a teddy bear at her.

"Paula, why you cursing? You know I didn't raise you like that, " My Grandma said as she entered our room.

"My bad grandma. You know how hard it is to wake her up in the morning. It's bad enough she already don't like going to school, " I said entering the bathroom.

"I know sweet heart but she still your sister, show her a little more respect."

I didn't even bother responding. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, got dressed, did my hair and walked back into the room. "Diamond!  Get up, I'm leaving in ten minutes. "

"Paula baby, how are you riding around in these streets with out a license? I don't need you going to jail now," she said folding a basket of towels.

"Granny, I am not going to go to jail. I'll be eighteen in about a month or so. If I wait until then classes will be cheaper. " I said while frying me an egg and a sausage patty.

"Alright, just be careful. Dustin! Wake up, it's time to get ready," My Grandma yelled as she walked past my little brother's room.

After I toasted my bread, I placed the sausage and egg on it and made me a breakfast sandwich. Grabbed a paper towel, my purse and keys. "Bye grandma and Dee, I love yall!" I yelled as I walked towards the door while taking a bite of my sandwich.  "Diamond, I'm leaving! "

"I'm coming dang!" She said walking down the hallway, "Why you didn't make me one?" She asked.

"If you would have waken up when I told you to,  you could have made your own."

"Bitch." She mumbled under her breath as she plopped down in the passenger seat.

I ignored it and headed towards Monique's house.

★Monique

"Ahhh, yesss..." Brandon can give some bomb as head. He spent the night over last night. Swisha T dropped me off at a fucking bus stop yesterday, it would have taken me three busses to get back home. So, I just called Brandon to come pick me up. I told him, I had visited my grandma on the north side and didn't have enough change to get back to the southwest.

"Mmm...Mo," he said lifting his head up and licking his lips, "we gotta be to school in like thirty minutes and you know I can't be seen taking you, so call or text P to come scoop you. "

Df? Niggas. "Alright, whatever hand me my phone." He handed it to me and started to get up but I pulled him back down so he can finish because if I go to school and don't get off, ima be one bitchy as bitch today.

★ Tay

It's Monday morning and unfortunately I'm waiting for everyone else to meet up  at the spot. So, I'm just leaning against the lockers in the hall jamming my music through my earbuds.  About three songs later, I seen the students crowd around some people in a circle. I'm not the type to get involved with occasion like that. So I'm just watching from a far. Just as quick as the people started surrounding that's  just as fast as they flew out of dodge. Rodney stood in the center of the hall with a gun to Jordans head. My heart dropped,  I ran over quickly.  "Rodney!  What the fuck are you doing??? Jordan what's going on?  Rodney put the gun down!"

The cops on campus began sprinting down the hall, pulling out there guns. "Noooooo! Put the gun down Rodney!"

"Son, put the gun down!" One of the officers said.

"Please put the gun down," I said with my eyes full of tears. Jordan was red in the face with his fist balled up. We had an awesome weekend together and had gotten closer than I thought. I was really feeling him. I don't know how this situation transpired.

Rodney finally lowered the gun and sat it on the ground. He put his hands in the air letting the cops know that he surrendered.

"Back away from the weapon," a female cop commanded, while still pointing her gun at him. Rodney obeyed, while looking me into the eyes. I could tell he was hurt but I don't know why. He hasn't mentioned anything to me. He's never done anything like that before.

The male officer cuffed him and read him his Miranda Rights "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be held against you..." and then led him down the hall. The lady officer retrieved the weapon from the ground and placed it in a clear zip lock bag. Another male officer cuffed Jordan and then read him his rights.

"Call me as soon as you can Jordan!" I yelled out to him as they led him down the hall. He nodded.

I turned around to see Paula and Monique watching and then Paula ran up and gave me a hug. "Come on ma," she said as we walked to the girls bathroom.

#VOTE

#COMMENT

#SHARE