Chapter 3

"I can't take back my mistakes, I can't take back my sins, but I could make up for them and wish for everything to be OK."

-Author Unknown

★Swisha T

I woke up early this morning, so that I could do something special for my girl. I want to run her a nice hot bubble bath, have music playing, and cook her a nice breakfast.

I rode to the grocery store to pick up some things. I bought strawberries, eggs, grits, and turkey bacon. I know how much she hates pork and I ain't trynna piss her off more.

I got back to the house only to find that she was gone.

★Paula

I didn't get much sleep last night. I kept waking up, flipping and turning. Ughh! This morning I heard Swisha rummaging around the place. After I heard the front door close. I hopped out the bed and raced to the window to see if he was leaving. Which he was.

I rolled my eyes and went in to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I only had a few personal things at his house. I went back in the room. Made up the bed then I called Monique to pick me up so she could drop me off at my mama house.

She arrived in ten minutes. I grabbed my purse and phone. Locked the front door and was gone.

"Hey girl," Monique said as I got in the car.

"Hey ma, thanks for the ride."

"You welcome. You made the appointment yet?"

"Oh, I forgot. Lemme do that right now." I said reaching for my phone in my purse.

I dialed the salon's number and scheduled the appointment for three. I texted Tay to let her know.

We arrived at my mama's quick. I hopped out and told Monique to pick me up a little before three. She agreed and drove off.

I walked into the house and it was quiet. Everyone was either still sleep or out and about. I'm just glad no ones in my face talking about, "Where you been?" "Why didn't you come home last night?" "Yata yata yata...".

I went upstairs into my room. I shared it with my little sister. She must have been gone, cause she wasn't in there. Diamond is fourteen and very messy. So as usual I started picking things up off the floor and tossing them on to her bed.

I went into the closet to find something to wear. I chose an all white T-shirt with some blue jean high waist shorts and my Bred 11's to go with it. I went to my dresser and grabbed some under clothes then got in the shower. I came out feeling good. Hell I might see if the girls want to go out tonight. I got dressed, styled my box braids into a high ponytail, threw on some silver and black accessories then went down stairs and chilled tell it was time to go.

★Tay

I arrived to the nail shop about twenty minutes late. Monique and Paula was sitting in the pedicure chairs. I walked over to them, "Sorry y'all. I know I'm late."

"Damn right, you late." Monique said snapping her neck back. I just ignored her.

"Girl, you good. Where you been?" Paula asked.

I sat down at a work space near by. "I was at work then my Co worker invited me to lunch..."

Lucy sat down in front of me, "Manicure?" she asked in her Chinese accent.

"Oh no, umm a solar set."

"Okay, twenty five dollars." she said in her accent.

"Alright," I said as she got to work on my nails.

"So what's his name?" Paula asked.

"Jordan, but don't even start," I said pointing at Monique.

"Haha, girl you know he gon have you throwin that ass by the end of the week." She said as a worker started on her nails.

"Well that's good. You can finally forget about Rodney hood ass." Paula said stepping out of the pedicure water.

Me and Rodney went out for three years. I know, that's a long time. We cut it off though because he decided to get involved with the street life. And I don't play that. I need a man with a real job. Even though we're not in a relationship anymore, he's still a great friend.

"Paula, I been over that. It's been four months now." I said supervising the way Lucy was doing my nails. "Could you round the tips?" I asked.

"Three dollar more," she said looking up at me.

"Alright." I said rolling my eyes.

Paula sat down in the work area next to me and began to get her nails done. I looked at her feet. "Nice," I said admiring her toes.

"Oh, thanks," she said glancing at her toes, "I decided to go with a Janelle Monae look." They were all black with a white vertical stripe on her big toes. "My nails are going to be done similar. All black with a few white stripes on my ring fingers."

"Putting in work I see," I said laughing at how well she planned that out.

We sat in the nail shop for about forty five minutes. We paid and thanked them for their service then walked outside. Only to see Swisha T leaning back on a brand new 2013 black Toyota Camry with a bouquet of roses in his hands.