Chapter 7

"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect."

-Criss Jami

★Tay

Well today's Friday! This would be my first date with Jordan...or would this be our second date? He did ask me out to lunch. Maybe that was just two friends having lunch. I wonder if he did consider that a date? Hell, I don't know. But I do know this is a date! I don't even know what I'ma wear though. Shiiit I'll think about it while I'm at work.

I took a shower, wrapped my towel around me and started to brush my teeth, put on lotion and all that fresh shit. I walked back in my room, check my phone for the time, only to see a message pop up. The message read,"Good morning beautiful" from Jordan. I smiled and replied "Good Morning" not wanting to boost his ego. I put the phone back down and got dressed for work.

I only worked from nine to one today, so when I got home I took another shower and went to my closet. Jordan said for me to be ready by three, so we could be in Galveston around four.

I decided to wear some high waist blue jean shorts, a white tank top with my brand new clear Adidas. I did pure white socks, I didn't want others to be drawn to me, while I'm with Jordan. I brushed my hair back  into a ponytail. I knew we were going to be riding rides and I didn't want my hair flying everywhere.

Jordan texted me and asked if I was ready. I told him yes, now he's on his way.

I packed a little side bag, just in case other things happened. I packed my bikini, because I know where going to be on the beach, so just in case. ;) I also backed another outfit.

Just as I was getting ready to watch tv, I heard a horn beep. I got up peeped out the window and seen Jordan's car. I turned off the tv, grabbed my purse and side bag. I passed my mama in the living room, "Where you goin Tay?"

"With my friend down to the new pier, I should be back tonight. If anything comes up I'll let you know."

"Alright, go turn up! " she said throwin her hands in the air as if she was at a party.

"*Lol* Turn down for what? " I responded.

She calmed down and said "Bye, girl. Got me turnin up on my day off."

"*Lol* Bye Cookie," I walked out the front door and closed it. My mama so damn silly.

I got in the car, "Hey, sorry I took so long my mama was in there about to turn up," I said while putting my bags in the back and putting my seat belt on.

"Ha, you good. But are you ready to turn up at this pier? " He asked starting the car.

"Hell yeah," I said, "I been waiting all week!"

"Is that right?" he said turning towards me giving me a small smile.

I smiled, "You ain't cute."

"You must think I am, cuz I ain't even bring up anything cute."

"*Lol* Whatever! " I said rolling my eyes.

"But I diiiiid just scoop me up a lil shawty, that's lookin mighty fye today."

"Word? what she look like?" I said playing along.

"She darkskin, got these sexy ass eyes, plump lips, and itty bitty but she thick! Mmm Mmm Mmm! " he said licking his lips.

"Damn, shawty do sound fye! Mind if I steal her from you?" I said winking at him.

The whole way there we just talked and joked around.

★Jordan

I can't even lie, Tay fine as hell. She look real good today. I decided to take her down to the new pier and get to know her a little better.

"Oooh, look at it!" she said admiring the place. It had tall rides, people screaming, the smell of funnel cake and popcorn. It looked real nice, sitting right on top of the water.

"Yeah, it's nice," I said grabbing her and walking towards the ticket booth.

We spent the next few hours, laughing, on and off rides, eating junk, and enjoying each other. Some girl started muggin shawty while we was in line getting something to drink. I wanted to see how Tay would react, but she kept her cool. That's what's up, I don't need my girl acting out over lil stuff.

Damn, did I just call her my girl?

The fuck is getting to me, we only been talking, what, a week? Shit she is girlfriend material, but I don't know if she ready for all that. I don't want to rush things and ruin my chances. Damn, a nigga in his feelings.

"Jordan?"

"Yeah," I said coming back to reality.

"What are you thinking about? She asked.

"Oh, nothing"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. You ready to go?" I asked standing up from the picnic table.

"Uh, Yeah."

"What time you gotta be home, cuz it's already passed eleven?" I said checking my phone.

"No, particular time" she said standing up.

"For real?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah"

"Ok. Cool. Since you don't have a curfew, you wanna take a walk on the beach?" I asked.

"Sure," she said as she wrapped her arm around my waist and smiled. I smiled and wrapped mines her too.

★Tay

Jordan's cool, I had fun with him at the pier. Now were taking a stroll on the beach, like a couple out of a movie.

"So Tay," he said looking at me while we continued walking and holding hands.

"Yeah?"

"I hope I'm not taking things too fast, but Im really feeling you and I would like to go ahead and make you my girl," He stopped and faced me.

I stopped and tried to get my thoughts together.

"So, what do you say?" he asked while taking both of my hands into his, "Would you be my girl?"