Chapter 16

Justice

After being in the hospital for a week I was finally able to come home. Everyone has been a huge help with baby Alani. Taylor is a great dad he spoils her already it's ridiculous.

Sitting on the bed working on my essay that was due in two days I was interrupted by a collect call.

I answered the call already knowing who it was.

"This is a free collect call from an inmate in the correctional facility. To except this call please dial 1 to block plea-

I pressed 1 not really interested in the other options the operator was suggesting.

"Hello?"

"Hey dad"

"How you doing. Haven't heard from your in a while"

"Sorry. I been busy with school and Alani"

"How's my grand baby doing"

"Good she's getting bigger everyday"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah dad I'm coming to see you soon"

"Okay baby"

"See you later dad. I love you"

" I love you too baby. Give Alani a big kiss for me.

"Okay"

I hung up the phone and continued to do my paper I didn't know I was crying until a tear dropped on my paper.

I threw my pen across the room and fell back on the bed by now I was sobbing.

My phone started ringing but I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I really miss my dad he's been in prison since I was six years old. All because of his suppose to be bestfriend he took the fall for a murder. Now he's the biggest kingpin he took my dad spot.

I decided to take a nap then I'll get back to my essay. I curled up next to Taylor's pillow getting comfortable I took a well needed nap.

After a few hours of sleep I woke up to a screaming Alani. I got up and walked to her crib that was in our room. After taking her out the crib I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to make her bottle. I took out the milk and cereal with the one hand I was using since she was in the arms I heard the door open so I knew it was Taylor.

Thank god. I thought

''Hey baby'' he greeted me with a kiss on the lips and gave Alani one on the cheek. After taking her out my arms I was able to make her bottle.

''How was your day baby ?" He asked me looking at Alani.

"It was okay I was working on my essay then I talked to my dad then I took a little nap" I answered passing him her bottle.

"You talked to your pops today that's good. You plan on going to see him anytime soon?" He asks looking up at me this time.

I nodded. I been thinking about seeing him but I'm a little scared I haven't seen him in a long time.

After burping her she fell right asleep he put her in her crib and then he went to go take a shower while I stayed down stairs to cook dinner.

After we ate we both went upstairs and got in the bed. I looked at him as he was watching tv he looked so good without a shirt on. I caught myself staring too long because he turned and gave me a wink.

"Don't look at me like that 'cause we both know you not ready for some more of this" he said with a smirk on his face.

"Boy don't get cocky" I said rolling my eyes then turned and got on my phone.

"Whatever" he said turning back to the tv.

After being on my phone for 15 minutes I got off my phone and went off to bed. I snuggled under Taylor and went to bed.