Chapter #1: One Dark Night

One dark night, there were three kids at the ages of 9 and 11 walking through the woods. These kids were two brothers and one sister. Drake and Michaela were both 9 years old, while their older brother Armen was 11. The three of them had decided to go mining, well two of them did. Michaela wanted to stay home and had only come with her brothers because she didn't want to be lonely at home. But, she still had one last fear: the dark.

"What do you two reckon we'll find in the mine?", Armen asked looking back at his younger siblings. "I want to find somethin' shiny like gold, diamonds, or emeralds!", Drake exclaimed. "What about you, Michaela?", Armen asked looking at her. "Oh, I don't know... Maybe an abandoned mineshaft or a stronghold...", Michaela said trying her best to think about the question. "That could be fun", Armen said with a smile. The trio then came to a stop at the entrance of a cave. "Well, in we go!", Armen exclaimed walking into the cave. Drake and Michaela followed closely behind him.

A good hour and a half had passed when the trio walked out of the cave, empty handed. "I wish we could've found some ores worth mining...", said Drake with a frown. "Iron and coal are worth mining, Drake", Armen said. "At least I don't have to worry about something jumping out at us", Michaela said with relief in her eyes. Just then, they heard the sound of a twig breaking. "W-what was that?", Michaela asked as her relief quickly turned to fear. "Whatever it is, I'll be ready for it", Armen said drawing his diamond sword. "Anybody out there?!", Drake called out. "Drake!", Michaela yelled as she slapped his arm. "Both of you, quiet down", Armen said turning towards his younger siblings.

When Armen turned back to the woods, he got punched in the face by what looked like a man. The punch had knocked Armen onto the ground, unconscious. Drake then grabbed Armen's sword and held it defensively. All of the sudden, the man just appeared right in front of Drake. He had tan skin, brown hair, a real shirt, purple pants, and gray shoes. His eyes were a glowing yet, piercing white. Drake held up the sword, which was slightly heavy to him, and readied himself to fight. "Silly boy, that sword won't help you", said the man. He then lifted his hand and slowly made a fist. The diamond sword's blade then bent and twisted in Drake's hands, in which case he tossed it aside. The man then moved his hand to the side, which made an invisible force throw Drake from where he stood and up against a tree. He was out cold. Michaela stood, frozen in fear, she didn't know what to do. The man looked down at her and smiled, forcing Michaela to stare into his white eyes. "I'm taking you with me", the man said with a grin. "N-no!", Michaela stuttered. "Please?", the man asked a little more polite sounding. "NO!!!", Michaela yelled in his face. "I tried being nice", the man then punched her in the head. Knocking her out.

To Be Continued...