chapter seven

RYANN

Louis eyes drifted open, the next morning and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.  

"Louis." I said. He noticed the seriousness in my tone and looked me in the eyes, his gorgeous blue pools stunning me for moments before I turned my head away.  

"Louis," I repeated. "You have to stay away from me." I told him, tears filling my eyes and a lump forming in my throat. I swallowed multiple times before I continued. 

"I almost got you killed." I told him. He was still silent, and I was anxious for him to talk. For him to laugh. For him to yell. Anything would be better than the silence dragging between us.  

"No." I heard a whispered voice. My head whipped up to look at Louis. 

"Uh, yes. You have too, and you will." I told him, getting an attitude. How dare he argue with me.  

"No, in case you didn't hear me the first time. I told you no. And I mean that. I'm not going to let Will come back and hurt you."  

"And what about you?" I cried.  

"What about me?" He asked calmly.  

"He almost killed you! And it was all my fault!" I shouted. Both of our heart monitors were going crazy. 

"And?" He was getting me more angry, the more he stayed calm.  

"YOUR FANS WOULD HAVE KILLED ME!" I shouted.  

"YOU, LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON ARE TO STAY AWAY FROM ME." I continued screaming.  

"The hell I will." He whispered, more to himself than to me. I acted like I didn't hear and turned onto my side.

After they fixed me up last night, they drugged me heavily, and I needed those meds right now. I pressed the call button.  

"Hello?" A nasally voice answer. 

"Yes, Room 212, pain meds for Ryann McKenzie."  

"I'll send somebody in." I nodded although they couldn't see me.

The silence echoed throughout the room, and I started finding it hard to breathe and concentrate. I shot Louis a panicked look, and saw my panic echoed on his face. The last thing I saw was Louis mouthing something at me.

LOUIS

I pressed my help button over and over, trying to get somebody's attention. Ryann's body twitched in an unnatural way and I started yelling for help. I started tasting blood from my throat before somebody finally came. Ryann's monitor never stopped beeping,and I kept that as reassurance. A doctor finally ran in, and I pointed at Ryann. 

"Help her please." I rasped, scared tears gathering in my eyes. He ran towards Ryann, paging everybody on the level, whoever could come. Nurses flooded in,helping the doctor hold down Ryann. She threw up a bit and her head was turned to the side, before a nurse shoved a small tool into her mouth, scraping out any extra vomit, she finished, realizing her airway was free.

Ryann's body calmed down after the doctor shot something into her bloodstream. I relaxed as Ryann did. The room cleared, and the doctor struck up a conversation with me.  

"Why didn't you press the call button?" My jaw clenched, I became annoyed. 

"I did! For a long while and then nobody came so I started screaming." He nodded and bent down, looking under my bed. He grabbed the remote and cord followed without effort. 

"It seems somebody unplugged this, sir." My jaw dropped. 

"Oh." I whispered. It was quiet. 

"When will she wake up?"  

"A while, we but her in a medicated coma while her body heals." He shot me a sympathetic smile.  

"Does she have any family?" 

"Uh, her videos are always recorded by her brother." The doctors eyebrows raised and I had to explain how we met.  

"and then I went for a run, coming across a guy kicking Ryann." I was interrupted. 

"She told us she fell down the steps." I gasped. 

"She lied?" I half shouted. The doctor nodded. 

"So it seems. We'll contact her family." The doctor shot me one last look before leaving.

I closed my eyes, mentally preparing for the drama sure to come.