Chapter III: Meeting The Queen

Raina

His hand is heavy at my side and his chest keeps my face warm through the night, every morning I wake to find him gazing longingly at me. I reach my dainty hand up and trace his jaw line.

"I don't know how I feel about you having another male around you all the time," his voice is deep yet soft and expresses his deep and undying care for me.

" He will be around and helpful, but you will always be on my mind, Adrian," I smile up at my husband. What am I doing? Why did I take Charles as a slave, I could have done a number of things to keep him safe while easily maintaining my relationship with Adrian. Adrian has been there for me for the past 1000 years.

We met when he turned 700 and he has taken care of me ever since, by the time I needed a husband to become the next king Adrian seemed like the perfect choice. He was alpha of the first ranked pack and we got along only in the past year have him and I decided to have a romantic relationship.

And now I've ruined it all.

" I still don't like it," he pouts, " I don't want you with any man other than me. He rolls on top of me straddling my waist.

"Adrian, get off I have to go introduce myself to Charles."

I lightly push at his chest and pout back at him, he playfully growls in response and pulls my upper half closer to him.

"Don't say another mans name in our bed," he nips at my neck earning a giggle from me.

I lean into his neck and my breath fans over him I lightly kiss the junction between his shoulder and neck, he slackens a bit. I take the opportunity to roll us over and straddle him, " You," I kiss his neck, "Know," I kiss his jaw, "I," I then kid his cheek and his hanging off my every word.

I swiftly get up and walk to our closet, "Love you, right?"

He lets off a loud groan after realizing what just happened causing me to giggle.

"That's no fair, Raina," he gets up and walks to the closet to see me already dressed in a floor length white cotton gown.

"You poor thing," I joke as I pinch one of his cheeks.

I peck him on the lips then turn off and out the door to meet my mate.

*.*.*.*

As I stood before the door of Charles' room I felt panic swell in me. He can't know that I feel the bond. It will only complicate things more than they already are. I'll have to control my urges, it shouldn't be too hard since I've spent 2,000 years controlling beastly tendencies. I only have to worry about his self control, his reaction to our meeting could make or break his future safety.

Adrian's soul and my own have intertwined after a thousand years of being together, we might as well be actual mates, I can't even imagine how he would react to knowing I have my true mate so close to my side at all times. Him being king makes him the strongest werewolf alive, the last time he raged out... it didn't end well for anyone.

I have to let Charles believe that I don't feel the bond.

Summoning up my courage, I grab the handle to Charles' room and push the door open. I'm greeted with the sight of him sitting on his bed and gazing off at nothing. His deep blue eyes flicker up to meet my own and he gives a sharp intake of breath. He rises, pushing off the bed and taking a step toward me. Heat radiates from his body, caressing my soul and calming me. Remembering the front I have to convey, I clear my throat just as he raises his hand toward my face.