Chapter X: Exes and Oh Nos

Raina

The world around me fades to nothing, as my vision tunnels into the old faded Polaroid that I gingerly pull from Adrian's fingers. Stepping back slowly, I sit, upon hitting the bed and stare at the photo taken centuries ago. The events of that day reel through my head over and over...

"You look gorgeous, my queen."

Grinning widely I reply, "I'm not your queen yet we still have a few hours until the wedding."

He smirks and his black eyes shine with a devilish light.

"You know I'm crazy about you, right? I would do anything to make you happy and to keep us together."

Later that night I got cold feet and in fear of his reaction I hid myself in a local inn. The next day word spread of a massacre at The Demonic Temple. His rage had consumed him and I spent the next fifty years of the run fearing his instability and violence. He's become a ruthless murderer since that day.

We were deep in love and I had cried myself to sleep mourning his life knowing the man I once knew had died.

A tear streamed down my face and I quickly wiped it away and continued to stare at the old photo.

"Raina, do you want to explain yourself?"

Adrian's harsh voice broke through my trance and my gaze settled upon him.

I feel Charles' furious energy along with Adrian's fill the room. I find my self incapable of speech and my mouth opens and closes repetitively until I finally find the some words.

"I didn't know that Lucifer was still looking for me..."

Adrian growls in irritation, "Listen I have a meeting to get to a meeting we can talk about this on the way to the Fae kingdom and a change of plans the Angelic King will be there."

He turns and murmurs to himself on the way out, "Yet two more people you've whored around with."

I growl at his words but he pays me no attention and slams the door behind him on his way out. Tears stream down my face due to the hurt I feel.

Charles walks out from the closet and approaches me, "When where you planning on telling me all of this?"

His stance is cold and standoffish and my heart crashes in on itself.

"I didn't know about it until just-"

"I don't mean that, I mean that fact that you've been around with everyone in power around the realm."

I feel anger rise up in my gut, "I did that when I was young and before I met you-"

he scoffs, "Don't give me that bullsh*t! You say it was before you met me but even after we met you still open your legs for that pompous *ss of a king."

Before I recognize my own bodies action the damage is already done, and the bright red palm mark across Charles' cheek is plain for all to see. He seems bewildered for a moment and I am frozen as well as I gaze at the mark I've left on my mate. My hand goes up to my mouth and yet again I fish for words.

"Charles, I-I," His eyes turn cold and I stop trying to speak, my hand reaches up involuntarily to touch his pained area but he pushes it away. His eyes go glossy and darken in the slightest.

"It's official, Raina."

I start to tear up at his harsh and serious tone.

"What is?"