Chapter XII: A Familiar Face

Raina

You're never consumed with more fear than the time that you wake up in an unfamiliar place, while this feeling is a stranger to most, I seem to have found myself in that very situation. I'm engulfed in a fluffy, white, comforter and lay on what can only be described as a cloud. Everything is pretty normal. But I don't seem to notice any of that due to two things:

The lack of a protective warm body beside me.

And the presence of my mate in the near area.

The panic gets to me and I rise up quickly only to find that I'm cuffed to the head board. I give the cuff a sharp tug with no luck and a stinging sensation, silver.

Whoever did this is of high power, years ago, all traces of silver were destroyed by the lycans. Only the rich still have silver, it hinders any powers or abilities a lycan may have.

One question remains, Who did this?

All I can remember is traveling in carriage...

We were attacked then...

Lucifer

Just then the door opens and I'm faced with my worst nightmare.

"Good morning, Rainy, quick question, are you more of a white or Ivory kind of girl? I can't seem to remember."

***

Charles

"Oh sh*t."

After Adrian found out he was put back in captivity. For three days I've just been training and running around the woods. My mind is in turmoil and my beast yearns for her. I can't eat, sleep, or even bother shifting.

I first realized he was released when out of no where I was hit in the face then knocked to the ground.

"How dare you?"

I picked myself up onto all fours and felt my jaw crack back into place, I stared at the soil for a long moment and then did the stupidest thing I've probably ever done.

Jerking up I swivel around faster than I've ever been able to and pummel him to the ground.

Once I stop he gets up and his eyes are a dark obsidian. His lower lip is split but closes back up instantly.

"Now you're dead."

Ever since she left I have felt myself getting stronger, faster, more prepared for the dangers ahead and protecting her. Not only that but my mind feels wiser, more mature.

"Wait. Stop!"

He growls in a crouched position, "So you accept defeat, your cowardice is showing."

"It isn't cowardice, it would be unwise for us to waste our efforts on each other when Raina is out there somewhere hurt by god knows what."

Adrian slowly stand up straighter but his shoulders are still tense.

"Listen, I hate you, trust me, the moment I realized she was my mate I hated you. Yet, unfortunately we have to cooperate in order to get her back... whatever that may mean for either of our relationships with her."

He sighs.

"Fine but just because we work together doesn't mean I'll let you live after we find her. You're our only way of finding her currently, I know the demon king has taken her, I'm just not sure where. It'll take a lot but we'll have to continue onward to speak with the Fae and Angelic Kingdoms in hopes of an alliance."

I can feel my inner beast pacing at the thought of working with so many males that have probably bedded Rain, but its my only chance of getting her back.

Adrian and I begin to walk back to the palace, we're still staying with the vampires currently, "The four kingdoms are highly outnumbers by the witches, goblins, and Demons five to one and that's if a ask the Alphas to send 40% of their fighters."

I stop in my place pondering my next move. Adrian realizes I've stopped and turns to me, "What?"

I sigh for what feels like the tenth time today, "Would it make a difference if I could get the rouges to help?"

He turns fully to me now, "It would make a world of difference, but it can't be done, they don't take well to leadership and they would probably cause more problems than it solves."

"I can get them to help."

His look is doubtful and irritated, "How do suppose you'll do that?"

"Well I am their Alpha."

Then I have his full attention and his expression is one of shock, "You've go to be sh*tting me."

***

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been updating, my life has been crazy: I moved, I'm working on summer assignment constantly, I have Volleyball stuff happening every five seconds, and I use my little free time to either see my friends for once or sleep and eat.

I hoped you like this! From now on chapters will be shorter, but hopefully more frequent.