Chapter VI: The Hunt

Raina

My heart was beating rapidly, the sun is high in the sky and the top layer of snow is beginning to melt. A long row of strong dominant males lines the woods. Directly behind me I feel Charles' stare boring into my back and Adrian's not to far away from him.  Part of me wants Charles to win so that I can be with him with out hiding and the other part of me doesn't want him to draw that kind of attention to himself. I turn my head and lock eyes with Jonah. He gives me a smirk and wink which back in the day convinced me to do a lot of things I'm not proud of, but now I'm married and have a mate. Both of which aren't the same person. Still, I won't let his charm get to me. But a blush comes to the surface and I quickly turn my head so that he doesn't see.

A horn blasts and I instantly take off into the woods for hiding.

*.*.*.*

Charles

This is my chance. My only chance to be with her, around her, and belong to her. She turns her head off to the left and seems to be looking at someone, I turn to see some vampire smirking at her then winking. What an asshole. I look back to her and see a blush creeping up her cheeks, which only fuels my determination to win her. A shrill horn blasts from some unknown origin and she darts into the forest clad in a white summer dress. The moment I saw her in it I was consumed with awe at such a beautiful creature and I knew she was perfect. The moment was ruined when Adrian picked my mate up, kissed my mate, and grabbed the ass of my mate.

 The moment was ruined when Adrian picked my mate up, kissed my mate, and grabbed the ass of my mate

*.*.*.*

Jonah

Dark curls flow down her back, pale skin looks ark against the stark white snow, and she turns her head to reveal crystal blue eyes. Why did I let her go? She left me for that young king of hers. We'll today we'll see who she really belongs to by the end of  the day. I smirk at her and wink to remind her of all the good times we've shared. Instantly, I'm met with a blush that she quickly tries to hide from me.

Behind her Adrian stands, tall and proud- too proud. Not to far from Adrian there's a young wolf, barely 200, who radiates pure animalistic possession and rage. His fists clench at his sid and I notice him watch her movements closly. The way a male would watch his female.

It appears I have to prove my ownership of her to more than just the king.

*.*.*.*

Charles

Slowly, my skin feels the familiar prickles of fur surfacing beneath my pores. My Alpha wolf hasn't contacted his pack in a while to top it off he also hasn't shown dominance over his newly acquired mate at all since he met her. So, to say he is on edge would be an understatement. I'm surprised he hasn't taken full control yet. Even I'll admit that I don't have enough control over him.