Chapter 9

"I was about 12 when I had made my decision and I didn't do it fast enough. My parents were normal people my mom was the kind of person who still treated me like a child even in my prepubescent age. She would always put me and my father first before thinking of herself without a second thought. Her body had sunk with age yet as a youth she was quite a stunning women, she had dark curly hair and a smile that no child, not even, me deserved to witness. Her light skin color matches that of Michelle, yet she was lighter even than you. She always pushed me to be my own man, although she never gave me any independence to let me prove myself. My father, however, was as stern as they come he would tell me stories as a child but in our final few years together he would only want to get things done even if they were dangerous tasks like hunting for Boose or cutting down the massive few trees their were around our home. If he had a motto it would be if you do not finish something right than it's not finished at all. He had a look similar to mine, he was an adventurer till he met my mother and they moved to his old childhood home. They had me 2 years later. Everything seemed ok until something changed my Father when I was about 10. He grew cold and had a hatred for happiness in any form. Even me and my mother he hated. The day my parents had died started of as normal as any other, I woke up on the couch and mom was washing the dishes in the usual pan. She notice me stir and wished me Good morning. "Your father wanted you to go out and pick up the trash next to creek." She continued. "Alone?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed and went to get a bucket, as I came back she had disappeared so I went on my way.

That day there was more trash than usual it was way to much to have gotten there by itself, the situation seemed off but what about it was off I didn't know. It could've been the amount of trash there, or the fact my Father had sent me to do this alone. I had no choice I had to do it if I hadn't I would've been disciplined by that evil man. I picked up the most unusual trash as I went and for some reason I felt like I had seen some of the garbage before. Something was wrong and my Assumptions Were confirmed when I picked up an action Book. The book was mine it was my favorite story as a child and it had been on my bookshelf the last time I had Looked. I glanced around and had noticed a few of my mother's things as well actually almost all of Mothers Belongings were out here or at least the smaller items. I had at this point put 1 and 1 together, I dropped my bucket and darted home but remained quiet as I stood next to the window. I saw my Father, his eyes seemed to glow red as he stood over my beautiful Mother. He had an object in his left hand as he held her down with his right. She was struggling to hold his arm back as he l.p. attempted to lower the sharp object towards her. I had no time to think. I started crying and ran around the house to the window of my parent's room. It was open as my mother's clothes laid on the ground. I had climbed through the window to run to their bed and nearly started crying until I heard that evil mans voice tell my mother he would kill me when I had returned home, she let out a cry. The man had said something that I would never had stood for. He wanted to kill me which meant I had to Do something fast. I stood up and went to the window I had nearly climbed out when I remembered the first time I had went hunting. My Father had shown me where His rifle was hidden. I crept to the door and opened the compartment and grabbed the majestic weapon. I opened the door and aimed the gun at the man attacking my mother he looked at me and said Atta-boy I fired he fell on my mother and lost his life. I dropped the gold muzzled weapon and ran to my mother she was still alive but seemed to be in pain. I asked her what was wrong and she looked at me and said she had always loved me. She went on to tell me that I would need To be nice to get anywhere in this world "Never lose who you are Lewis, if you do your life will be lived in vain. You're a good man Lewis." She shut her eyes. I had screamed for her to wake up how could she had been dead. I looked at the man who laid on top of her I looked at his hands his right was limp and hanging to his side the left had, had the sharp object in it. I panicked and pushed him off of her the object had been lodged into her chest cavity and Punctured what I presume was her heart and lungs. Her cause of death was by the once well known man falling on her and stabbing her. I had killed both of my parents. I buried them on the path we had taken to bring you two home the standing stones I stopped at those stones marked their graves and I've had them their for ten years and the day you guys showed up marked those ten years to the date. That's another reason I felt I needed to help you and that's what I plan to do. If you'll still have me.