Chapter 13

There in the room sat a crib, the sheets covered in a scarlet color, the walls were pink with new specks of red dashed here and there. I had never seen an act of cruelty that was equal to this. A blanket was daggling out of the open window. It seemed to have been tied to the cribs legs. I stood up looking back at the man in the doorway, he nodded his head as I'd he knew what I was gong to do next. ran over to it and when I reached it I felt something under my foot. I lifted my leg and a blood stained binky(pacifier) was flattened to the carpet. What was this? Did this actually happen? Who would do this to an innocent child? I held back tears. Could I really be seeing this. I turned to the door and started towards it at a slow pace, eventually picking up the speed a ghost haunted that room that I could not bear being around the baby's spirit any longer. I looked out of the doorway looking at the man as he vanished through the door. I sprinted through the house, past the feeling of death and all the rooms. I phased through the door as we had done earlier. He was walking towards the backyard where the infants room was but the blanket was gone and the window now shut. I didn't question it I just followed him. As we reached the back , he pointed And I looked up from the ground a figure stood with his hands in his pockets standing over a mound of fresh dirt. The thing that made me lose my sanity was that there was only one grave but two people. Did he bury them together? I had nothing to lose I took off running towards the man, lunging at him proved ineffective as I had forgot I was not part of this timeline and could cause no altercations to it. I landed on the grave and turned my head to look at the man. He seemed to have notice something strange as he looked behind himself. If this was the case than does it mean I had came back to the actual past and he did feel me back than when I was a kid. He turned and headed east in a jog. The Cat man slowly made his way to me, shaking his head as he walked.

"Did he feel me?"

"He couldn't have unless." He paused

"Unless what?"

"You are the boy that the king was afraid of. That has to be it!"

My fear had come true I was the only survivor of Solzon. I was something more than I wanted to be and I became scared what was expected of me now. I came back from my daydream with a realization that was more terrifying than any of the possibilities that could come may way someday.

"Oh crap, Michelle! She's going to kill me. I'm going to be late to meet her."

"Michelle?"

"Yea she's this girl that kind of found me and is the reason I left my home."

"Why did you trust this girl?"

I blushed and looked down. "Because I had a dream that she needed my help and I knew I'd never become someone if I stayed but I didn't expect this."

"Don't worry I will get you back in time." He smiled and pointed at me.

"wow." I thought to myself "His sense of humor is worse than what I saw on this trip."

"But how will we make it back? It's been at least 2 or 3 hours And we were suppose to meet 2 hours ago.

"Don't worry I'll get you there."

"Before we go I have to ask you something." I paused for a second.

"Go on."

"What is your name?"

"People really don't ask for names around here but before the last war people knew me as Felix Hernandez but when my wife was tragically killed I decided that I would no longer go on sharing my name because I didn't see any hope in the world, but now I have a chance to see That wretched border come down which anyone in the past life would have wanted to see that, up to ancestors of both sides."