Chapter 12

The city was something else, I had never seen anything like it the size was of massive proportions compared to the previous settlements. Yet it seemed abandoned. The size was out of par with the settlers here the buildings definitely out matched the people yet there had to be more than a few hundred people living here. The place that interested me the most was the marketplace. Nathan and Michelle seemed to disagree as they grumbled we didn't have anything worth trading and they were right, yet I stayed around to look. We went our separate ways and agreed to meet under the makeshift city sign.

The First thing I noticed was the different races of people, people with great jaws and gray skin. Some with fur and whiskers, other with red beady eyes and pale skin. At first I was sure father had never spoken of these different creatures and I began to worry if I had made the right call coming to the city (actually if Michelle had made the right decision coming here.) I looked around for the Others yet there was no sign of them my heart sunk, I was alone and I felt empty again. Something in the atmosphere had changed and hit my conscious hard trying to figure it out. In my thoughts I had lost track of my surroundings. A creature had walked up to me it was wearing clothes and it's face was furry he had a pointy face and whiskers. His voice startled me, it was gruff and sharp with a lisp.

"Young man?"

"Yes sir" I Said Instantaneously

"Don't call me sir, I'm only 101 years old." He replied with a smile.

I was confused. How was he that old.

"Your not from around here are you?"

"No, I come from the Continent of Solzon."

He seemed confused and worried. Quickly he looked towards a doorway to a small rugged shop and whispered for me to follow him. I objected at first but he hadn't shown any sign of aggression or hostility so I eventually let myself follow the man. The entrance was dark and filled with a musk. The situation seemed pretty shady, yet the man asked me to follow him deeper in his dwelling. As we Walked I started to become Fed up with the curiosity, finally coming to stop and the creature stopped as well he turned towards me and asked what was wrong.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere we can talk."

"Talk about what exactly?"

"I guess here is a better place than any."

"What is it that we had to be in private talk about?"

"How did you manage to survive kid?"

I was taken back by the question "Survived?"

"Yea you know the fact that your still alive is an anomaly in its self, but I'm talking to you somehow which is quite an honor for me."

"What..? What are you talking about?"

"Why do you seem surprised, boy?"

"Because I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Do you really not about your fate, well the fate of your people?"

I nodded, I didn't even know I had people.

"Follow me and all will be clear soon."

After plenty of walking and an abundance of stairs we had reached a door. The knob was an old wooden. Wheel and the door itself was made of some sort of red wood. I was worried the door could have hid anything. The worse outcome floated around in my head as he opened the door the smell of old books filled my senses. A library was all it was the man had a library this far out of the way. He smiled, while showing his well maintained teeth.