Chapter 10

A sense of guilt rushed over me as I brought my self to look at them. I mean I was a murderer and I had kept this secret from them. I looked away as I felt Michelle's big blue eyes stare into me like daggers. A sense of warmth had filled my body I looked around as Michelle had stood up and walked over to me, than wrapped her arms around me. I tried to avoid eye contact as a year finally escaped my eyes defenses.

"Thank you Lewis." She said.

"For what?" I asked confused my voice was disoriented.

"For giving us hope and entrusting us with your secret."

I was Surprised, confused, and happy at the same time. They still respected me and as far as I was concerned still wanted me to travel to the border with them. Nathan still hadn't said a word, he stayed that way for the rest of the night. Michelle had Bid me and the boy A nice night and laid down. I stood up and told the boy I'd be back in the morning, and left him with the fire. I didn't know what I expected to find as I took off on my own. The blue plains seemed like a good place to live except for the fact there was hardly a reliable source of lumber here. I stared at the vastness of the world beyond my tiny home. I was defeated, I had promised to never share that story I had promised to forget about it but these people seemed like my family I could trust them and I felt I needed to trust them. I decided to lay down on the blue bed of grass I closed my eyes and thought back to that day. What made him turn to who he was that day? My brain developed an image of my mother her curly hair was back to its youthful brown color her eyes were now the light shade of green. And as quick as the Image had fathomed into my conscious it disappeared and was replaced with the image of my dying mother her eyes growing dimmer and skin color fading as well. My once beautiful Mother turned into this Unrecognizable lifeless pile of bones, muscles and skin. No soul just a shell of what once was something beautiful. The body moved it had reached out at me as a 12 year old would I jumped back and awoke from my dream. It had turned to day and two figures stood in the distant. The suns were high, which meant I was late. I darted off in their direction. My mind went back to the dream. What made me think of her coming back just to reach for me? Did I do the right thing to tell my two companions? They seemed to not care for what I had done which gave me a sense of relief. I felt like I had found a new family that was as dysfunctional as the one I once had.

"Hey you lazy bum" Michelle said as I approached them. She had a devious smile on her face and held out the gun which had been concealed behind her. She stretched it out to hand it to me, I received it quickly. And made sure the red button was hidden. (Insert Flashback maybe). And looked at Michelle her hair was blowing in the wind into her face and nearly reaching me. I smiled and winked out of spite. She seemed confused as Nathan laughed and looked up at her.

"Shall we be going?" I asked them.

"I thought you'd never comeback" Michelle replied.

"I told Nate that I would and I did so let's go."

Michelle took her normal place in the front and Nathan in between us as we marched along.