Chapter #5: Feelings

"You're blushing, da. What is wrong, China?"

"I-I'm fine, really..." China practically mumbled. And as China moved up a bit to get more leverage to place the bandages, their noses practically collided together, their lips nearly touched and China's face was now as red as any face had ever been.

"Your face is red, da. China, tell the truth, da?"

"I-um... It's... It's nothing really... just, um... I can't say, it's much too embarrassing." China admitted, and that got the poor Russian thinking.

"You love someone, da?"

"H-Hai..." China said nervously, he just wished that Russia didn't know it was 'him' that he loved.

"Who is it?"

"I-um... I can't say, it'll make things very awkward..." 'Please don't ask anymore?!' China pleaded with himself.

"Please say it."

"But I-... I really can't, you should be able to figure it out for yourself..." China was hoping to not actually have to admit that he loved the very man he was speaking to.

"Is it Japan?"

"NO! You're such an idiot!!" at this point it was kind of making China cry, and Russia noticed the tears as China began to bang his fists against Russia's chest in frustration.

Russia's expression softened. "I'm sorry.... What did I do wrong?"

"You just don't get it, do you... You've never been in love with someone who's as oblivious as you, have you..." China said weakly, his hits softening as well.

"But I'm not gay." Russia admitted.

"I know! That's why it's so unbelievably embarrassing!" China spoke in almost a whisper, as he got up and just walked away. He went over to where his brother was sitting, now awake as he was, and wiped his face before he got over there. "So, you feeling any better Japan?" China asked, trying to hide the fact that he was crying just moments ago.

"Hai! But are you okay, China?" Japan said happily, but then noticed his brother's distress.

"It's not you, China! It's my boss!" Russia shouted from across the room.

"Yes! I'm perfectly Fine!" China blurted, making Japan even more suspicious because of the comment Russia made before he had enough time to answer himself.

"Just, stay away from me!" China shouted, ducking his head in continued silence, trying to hide the fact that more tears were about to surface.

Russia looked down. "Why are you the only person who hasn't learned to stay away from big bad Russia?"

"Big... Brother...." Alaska managed to say feebly.

Japan looked up at his brother, and beneath the cascade of his hair China could see his brother's questioning look so he stormed off. "I-I'm gonna go look for Germany and Italy, they still haven't come back yet." He said before he left.

Russia looked downwards with sadness. "He was right... I'll never have a friend..."

"H-Hai..." Japan replied weakly.

"So, uh... what's going on between Russia and China...?" Greece asked Japan.

"I have no idea..." Japan mumbled, trying to figure that out for himself.

*** With China ***

China explored the area, and as he happened upon a kitchen he saw Italy upon the floor unconscious with Germany standing above him, all bloodied and bruised. Another one of those monsters hung over him like death. "Get away from him!!" China yelled, everyone back in the hall could hear him scream out. It chilled the poor Russian, and they could finally hear gunshots going off along with the clanging of a pot and pan against something solid.