Chapter #6: The Real Threat

The tension only grew in the room, and suddenly Virginia stopped pacing the room and was about to collapse to the floor when Denmark caught him.

"I thought it was just too weird that he was up and about, I was just waiting for him to collapse. I knew it'd happen." Denmark admitted.

"Ushujaa felt it. Something is terribly wrong with that man." Kenya murmured.

"Which man..." Taiwan asked, already dreading the answer.

"Virginia. Hold on- can I see Alaska's necklace?" Kenya narrowed her eyes.

Taiwan, was relieved but still kind of worried she was relieved because Kenya hadn't been talking about China, but she was still worried about Virginia.

Kenya took Alaska's fox charm necklace and examined it. "This is the kind used to seal spirits.... And it looks like the seal has been broken... That means--"

An evil laughter was heard. "Took you a while, didn't it? That's not the real Virginia. I put him somewhere special~" it sounded like it was coming from Virginia.

Denmark let Virginia fall to the floor, like he had been going to when he thought it was the real Virginia as he slowly backed away, "What do you mean, not the real Virginia?!" Denmark screeched.

"Wait... I recognize that voice...."

Kenya realized what it was. She saw something carved into the charm. A name. "Wait... Ikkumaaluk?!"

"The one and only, my dear. Too bad Alaska is down for the count. She's the only one who'd know how to get rid of me~" a black cloud surrounded Virginia and dissipated, the man disappearing with it.

"What the Fuck was that?!" Denmark screeched in surprise.

The black cloud reformed and a man now stood. He was about seven feet tall and had a fox mask. "I am Ikkumaaluk, my dear victims~" He cooed softly, a devilish smile on his face as he gazed at all the frightened countries and states surrounding him.

Kenya paled. "That's an evil spirit!" She cried, not that everybody else hadn't gathered as much.

"No duh," Ikkumaaluk replied nonchalantly. "I'm free and can do whatever I want, and I decided I want revenge~" His voice was soft but the words he spoke were cruel.

"What?!" Denmark was shocked, "Revenge on what?! or Who?!" Denmark yelled pulling out his weapon of choice, a large battle ax, and aimed it offensively at Ikkumaaluk.

"Revenge on everyone." He said, before he looked Denmark square in the face, "Oh mister Mathias, that battle axe won't even lay a scratch~ on me, don't you know anything about ghosts?" Ikkumaaluk laughed. "These monsters are simply just partners I asked to help out. With Alaska down, you can't stop me. Even better is the fact that England is down as well!"

Russia pulled out his pipe. "Shut up about my leetle seester!"

"Wait- don't! Your anger is only giving him power!" Kenya protested.

China jumped in front of Russia's already bloodied pipe to stop him. England began to stir but he didn't open his eyes, he looked like he was in pain, terrible, terrible pain. He was curled into a ball and he groaned out in pain and gasped for breath as one gloved hand was clutching onto his clothes above his chest.

"So, what are you going to do now ghosty...?" Denmark mocked, "You are a ghost after all, I mean sure those monster things are under your control... But we've already killed a bunch of them!" Denmark gloated.

Ikkumaaluk grabbed Denmark by the throat. Hard. And lifted him off the ground. The gloved hand felt like it belonged to a living person. "Do you wonder what's behind this mask? Everyone who sees it dies. As soon as their eyes fall upon it, dead~" He said with a singsong voice.

Russia was angry. Tears filled his eyes. "Put him down!"

Tears began to well up in Denmark's eyes as he struggled for breath, he had long since dropped his battle ax and clung to Ikkumaaluk's hand as he tried to make him lose his grip. He showed no sign of relinquishing though. Denmark tried to choke out a few words, but nothing came out but muffled mews of breath loss.