Chapter #12: Ghosts

"Huh?! Who are you...?" England squealed in surprise, the tears almost immediately stopping.

"Salem...." She said quietly.

"I don't remember you, where are you from..." England became confused.

"Salem, Massachusetts? The witch city?"

"Oh..." England mumbled, not wanting to look at her, "I have kind of an awkward question... Have you ever been in love with someone but they never even liked you that way... Like ever... Oh great! Now I sound like bloody Poland!!" England felt absolutely exhausted.

"No... Because I don't let people get close to me... They end up hurt or hanged..." She said sadly.

"Oh... Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intent... But I guess you can say that's why I'm upset." England said as the tears began again to descend upon his cheeks.

She went over to him and hugged him. "It's alright.... You can always apologize..."

"For what... Being in love..." England cried into her neck and held onto her as if life depended on it.

"I learned to avoid people... But your problem is different...."

"I know... And it hurts so much..." he said, trying to stop but the tears just kept flowing. He never let anyone see his weak side before but now, in this place, he seemed to be showing it to everyone.

"Just let it out and I'll try to help..."

"Let what out...?" England had never really been through this, except for that day when America decided to become independent. That word hurt him so much, why did he have to go and be independent?

"Your emotions..."

"I don't want it to hurt anymore... Please make it stop..."

"I'm sorry... I can't..."

"Then kill me... It's sounds like a lot better option than suffering..." England said loud enough for America to hear, though England hadn't realized that America hadn't really left.

"No... I can't. I can't take another life."

"Iggy no!" America said out loud.

England's heart nearly popped out of his chest, "A-Al?!" England squeaked, "I-I thought you had left...?" he spoke, ashamed of himself only to make his tears flow more feverishly.

"I don't want you to die!" America entered the room with a pout.

"Why?! Why don't you? I'm not that important anyway!" England said pushing away from Salem and trying to stand up. He fell back to the ground, unable to keep balance, "Tch! This has been happening all too often today..." England whispered to himself.

"Dude... I'm so sorry...." America frowned.

"For what?! Being an idiot?! That's just fine, you'd think I'd be used to it by now!!" he shouted, he didn't make a move to get up from the floor, he just couldn't feel anything. It felt like his whole body had gone numb with pain, maybe dying was better than suffering.

"What can I do to help you?..."

"You can just let me die..." England muttered.

"No, I can't!"

"And why not... I'm useless... I can't do anything right... And I just outright deserve to die!" England whimpered out softly.

"No you don't, Iggy! I'm not going to let you die!"

"Please...?" he pleaded fervently to Alfred. "Please... Just let me die... I couldn't even raise you right... Please, I've made so many mistakes in my life and I can't make up for a single damn one of them... and the sad part is, The one person I wanted to make it up to is the one I want to just let me go." England said softly picking himself up into a Japanese style sitting position. England grabbed his pistol and aimed it at his head, ready to pull the trigger.

England started to pull the trigger and America ran to stop him, "Arthur!!!!" he screamed and then,

*BANG*

*** To Be Continued ***

Sorry for the cliffhanger I hope to get the second book out as soon as possible but this is kind of where I roleplay ended, well... I actually killed England off myself because she didn't reply and so I got frustrated... Anyways, I have to come up with my own ideas now, so updates will most likely take longer... Anyways, the next book will be called Ikkumaaluk's Return. Hope you stay for that book too. Anyways, this has been a long author's note and I'm sorry but see you next book.