Chapter #8: Sacrifices

"Idiot!" Alaska saw what he'd done. "You sacrificed yourself for a hunk of tundra!" She frowned deeply.

"England, I promise I'll find you help, dude!" America knew what he was looking for, but England didn't.

"I know I don't. I was giving a fair warning, but oh well."

"Alaska, just do what I could not... Protect them... And make that bastard pay, tenfold." England said as he drew in a ragged breath, "Alfred, I love you... and I'm really sorry about everything I've ever done to you, I just never wanted to lose you." He explained as his breath became shallower and shallower.

China stood back up, seemingly refreshed and grabbed up his other kitchen tool ready to use it whenever needed. Suddenly his panda bear was by his side, also ready to fight. China stood tall and confident, like he normally faced an enemy.

"J-just hang on for as long as it takes me to get you help!" America held back tears.

Alaska picked up the necklace and held it out. "You've had enough freedom, fox bastard! You ruined my life, so I'll ruin yours!"

"Huh- NO!" The spirit actually showed signs of fear of Alaska.

"Alfred... I sacrificed my own life, you can't help me..." He explained weakly as he placed a gloved hand up to America's cheek, "I'm sorry, but it's the only way I could help everyone. The only way I was actually healing everyone was by sacrificing a part of myself. I'm really sorry Alfred..." Even though his body was weak he held his hand up to America's cheek for he didn't want to let go. He figured he'd hold it there for as long as he still drew breath, which wouldn't be for much longer he figured. He was losing his vision now and he could barely see America's face now.

"No! Arthur! No!" America was crying now. His brother was dying.

Canada was by their side now as well and he was crying too, there was only one way to save him now, and he was the only one who knew how to do it. He placed a fragile hand upon England's cheek and began to lightly chant something.

"Matthew, what are you doing!" He exclaimed exasperatedly, recognizing the chant, "You can't! You'll die! Matthew stop! You have a lot more to live for than I do! You have to stop!" England screamed, he couldn't let him do it, and he wouldn't.

"Shh, I know how to do the spell without killing myself in the process." Canada cooed, cause he was right, he was the only one who knew how to do it.

America blinked. "J-just don't hurt yourself, Mattie..."

"I'm not, I know what I'm doing..." Canada mumbled as he began to chant once more. England struggled in America's grasp, he knew that there was no possible way for him to cast the incantation without hurting himself. Tears started streaming down England's face, he couldn't let anyone sacrifice themselves to save his sorry ass.

"Please stop it Matthew... I've already accepted death as my only option..." He tried per-swaying him.

"Wait- wha- Mattie you said you wouldn't!"

"I won't die Alfred, Arthur! Just let me do my job before you end up dying! I couldn't live with myself if you died when I could've done something about it." Matthew said.

"But Matt, what if you do die?! Dude... Alaska kinda..."

"I won't..." and he would continue to ignore their comments now, he had to hurry if he wanted to save England. He began to chant again.

"America, stop him... He just can't do it, it isn't possible." He said, "Wait, you said something about Alaska... What happened...?" England couldn't see that far, all that was in his vision was America, he couldn't even see Canada.