Chapter 3

MANIK

I was lost in those enchanting eyes when my trance was broken by Dhruv. He shaked my shoulders and was shouting," Manik!!".

I looked at him in anger for disturbing my thoughts. I stood up and started rubbing off the dust from my clothes.

"Are you fine bro?," he asked touching my shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah", I spoke angrily, "I am ....", I was interrupted by a honking sound. This further enraged me and I shoved past Dhruv towards the guy in the car.

"What? Huh!! Don't you have eyes. If you can't handle the wheel then just quit driving.", I shouted at him.

Before the guy could answer the lovely girl spoke," We are extremely sorr.....", and was cut off by the boy.
"Just shut up. And leave before you repent for coming here.", the boy hissed under his breath.

There was a dead glare in his eyes and his tone revealed the same. My subconscious asked me to back off but I had to impress the girl. And somehow I felt that if I leave it would be our last meeting and I badly felt the need to make at least one memory with her.

"Oh really. I am going to repent for coming to a well-known college by working up my ass and that too because a blind guy hit me. Dude you are at fault here. Accept it and let's move on.", I spoke hoping like an idiot that he would simply accept my offer and drive away like a good boy.

And as expected my words added fire and he came out of his car and held me by my collar. I normally don't have problem handling other guys as most of them landed somewhere lower than me.

But this one was almost of the same height and had a muscular frame.

"Do you know with whom you are talking to. Baby boy needs to learn some lessons", he muttered as I felt a searing pain in my lower abdomen as he punched me hard.

I coughed out some of the saliva and held my stomach in pain. By now a crowd had surrounded us. But no one came to my rescue leaving a weak Dhruv who tried to pull me away from his grasp.

I bent down in pain and was waiting for the next blow when the girl stopped him by holding his hand and pleaded," Rahul, baby leave him. He had his share for the mistake.".

"Nandini stay out of this. I will handle him my way.", the guy whose name is probably Rahul spoke shooting daggers at me and her as I tried to move back.

"But this is the second time you are getting into a fight this week and that too at the beginning of the semester. I just don't want you to land into some trouble.", she said giving me a glance and then looking back at Rahul.

This may have stirred some sense into him and I found his grip loosening from my collar. He pushed me with a jerk and I landed on the ground. Dhruv helped me and I looked up to find the girl still standing.

Her eyes were filled with concern and her expression clearly showed that she was sorry. "Are you okay?", she asked in a low voice.

Okay!!!! I took a punch from a boy having well built body and that too with so much force in front of half the college on my first day to college and that girl is asking me if I am okay........ NO I AM NOT. I wanted to shout these very words but all I spoke was," Yeah. I am fine.", and added a smile to prevent the tears that were on the way.

"Nandini are you done with the charity or do you want me to leave you here?," Rahul shouted from the car.

Nandini looked at me for the last time before heading to the car. She got up and as soon as she closed the door, Rahul drove away leaving a dust film behind.

I stood up with Dhruv at my side. I felt sorry for being rude with him and made a mental note marking him among the ones with whom I want to share my upcoming 4 years.

The crowd too dispersed soon after the car left. Dhruv helped me with my things as we proceeded on our way to the office for taking our dorm room keys and our schedule.

As we walked through the pebbled way only one thing that flashed through my mind was the beautiful angelic face of the girl.

Unable to contain myself I asked Dhruv, somewhat hesitantly trying to hide my eagerness, "Who was the superhero and his girl?".

Dhruv stared at me figuring out my comment and moments later he was laughing out like a maniac.

"Superhero.... Haha.....Rahul is not a superhero. He is a villain, buddy... Don't you know. Rahul Sinha the well-known bully of Georgetown college. He is in his sophomore year but in one year he had earned a reputation of a Don and a Rockstar.", Dhruv said as if not knowing about Rahul Sinha was a crime.

He also missed my topic, the girl. So I persuaded further," Don I get man, but Rock star?".

"Yeah He is an amazing singer and a fab guitarist.", Dhruv added.

"So how come a good girl ended up with a bad boy,", I asked.

"Good girl,...! oh Nandini Murthy, ahh I don't know dude. She is not much a topic here as his boyfriend takes away the spot light.", Dhruv replied.

"Hmmm", was all I said.

Nandini Murthy, such a sweet name. How come anyone notice another person and that too that idiot Rahul when you have a charming beautiful girl in front. I thought.

I immediately decided to thank her for her morning deed of helping me get away from the villain. I made a mental note to check her room number too and then when possible to sneak up to her and thank her.

Yeah I take a lot of mental notes.

I reached to the office and began my mission but I said nothing to Dhruv as I didn't want him to land in trouble with me and silently looked for the name Nandini Murthy on the notice board.

Enjoy the update and vote and comment a lot.

I need your feedbacks. And forgive me for the mistakes.

Till then happy reading.