Chapter 23

Manik

After 2 months of rest finally I was sitting on the passenger seat while Cabir drove me into the college. I know its kind of embarrassing to be dropped off by your little brother but I wasn't allowed to drive yet. Some rock music filled the car as Cabir drove through the lanes.

I stared out of the window at the rushing crowd. I was to attend the college after a long time, and I was pretty excited to resume back my classes. I had barely been able to attend classes in my first year. More ever it had been a while since I had seen Nandini. After I shifted back home from the hospital she hadn't visited me politely refusing my invitation of coming home. We had grown into thicker buddies during my whole recovery thing. I was yet to share my feeling with her as I am busy giving her the time to move on from her breakup.

Yup she broke up with her guy. Though internally I beamed like a sun but outside I took her in my arms and promised her that things would be okay.

"We're here", Cabir announced pulling up at the parking zone.

"That bro for the ride.", I thanked him and climbed out of the car. I had to pick up my books from the dorm. I reached room 320. It was empty. Dhruv was already gone and I had barely 10 minutes before I get late.

I hastily shoved the books into the bag and jogged through the hall to reach my class on time. I entered and the bell rang. Choosing a seat in the middle I settled down there.

            :::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I passed down the busy corridors looking for my buddies, Dhruv and Nandini. I couldn't spot them from the morning and it was already noon. Suddenly my eyes caught the sight of the girl, i haf been searching for in a off white floral dress staring at something. I followed her gaze and it stopped on a happy couple who were involved in a lovey dovey chat. I knew what she was feeling watching the guy and his girl. It reminded her of the pleasant moments that she shared with Rahul.

"Hey Nandini", I greeted her and she broke her gaze from the couple to turn towards me. She just looked like the beautiful and radiant girl present in the whole world.

"How come your back?", she asked giving me a fake half smile.

"You don't seem happy about it. What is it? You can share....", I asked her.

"Nothing..."

"You're upset.", I stated and she looked at me and then lowered her gaze.

"No am not upset Manik;", she replied and started walking towards the cafeteria.

"You obviously are", I challenged.

"I am sure you're not fine", and she rolled her eyes at me letting out a annoyed grunt.

"I am okay.", she pressed not yet ready to back off.

"Okay prove me wrong...give me the stupid great grin of yours and don't you try to throw me one of the fake smiles.", I encouraged.

She judged my words and concluding that she can't skip me or force me to believe that she is okay, she decided to admit the truth.

"I am not ready yet to get that smile on my face.", she replied.

Without he giving her any warning, I grabbed her hand and broke into a run. There were high possibilities that we both end up flat on the floor but thankfully even between her shrieks and leave me Manik cries I was able to drag her with me.

I sprinted down the hall pulling her behind me. By now several students stopped in their tracks to stare at us as I carried on with my lunatic action. We exited the campus and after running through a entire block I finally stopped in the middle of the bridge.

I loosened my grip on her hand and she snatched it away. She turned to me to shout but couldn't. Her mouth was busy gulping oxygen not letting her to talk. We stood their panting like wild animals and I flashed her my charming smile while she glared at me.

"There is yet to happen.", I said as I straightened up.

"What....running for a mile wasn't enough?", she weakly asked.

"No sweet heart", I winked and the next moment I picked her in my arms. Kicking off my sneakers I jumped on the railing of the bridge.

"Don't you dare to do it", Nandini struggled in my arms as I laughed and down went we, her scream accompanying my hearty laugh.

We splashed in the water, submerging down until the water pushed us up and Nandini held firmly against me. Our heads popped out of the water and Nandini looked at me with a large smile that touched her eyes.

"That was crazy and stupid and idiotic but it was freaking awesome..... Oh god I almost thought you got us killed today", she commented.

"It felt so amazing", she shrieked as we swam to the shore.

"I know" was all I could say as I was already knocked out by her enthusiastic and charming smile that illuminated her face. And knowing that I am the one who brought that on made me feel the luckiest guy on earth.

Double updates. Hope you like it. Vote and comment.

Till then happy reading.