Chapter 5

MANIK

I entered into our room and Dhruv was already out wearing fresh clothes and taking out things from his bag. As soon as he spotted me, he held his hands up in surrender and moved back," Sorry man. I wanted to piss you off, but not up to this extent."

I looked at him, Did I still had the death glare on my face. Man she affects me like hell.

"No dude its fine. Relax!", I vaguely addressed him and made my way into the washroom.

I closed the door not knowing whether I was trying to shut the world out.

Gosh she is gorgeous. How can anyone look so amazingly hot in just simple shorts and top.

I placed my hands on the sides of the sink as I stared at the mirror. And all I could see her face...... Her thin, neatly done eyebrows slightly raised, the left one a little more than the right.

Her large eyes widened, the locks perfectly held behind her ears, her lips parted by her sweet breath............. They would be soft, pink, completely kissable lips...........

MANIKKKK!!

What the hell am I thinking? Kissing the college bully's girl. Really am I insane.

Get out of my head Nandini.

I threw off my shirt and pants and stood under the cold shower. The cold water trickled down my body and it was successful to cool down my body but my heart seemed to be still on fire.

Whatever...... My heart stupid. I have learnt to ignore it with my head and decided to do the same thing this time.

I wrapped a towel and came out.

"Bro I am going to get something in the cafeteria, would you join."

"Yeah, Dhruv I am famished, just wait till I get my pants on.", I told him.

"If you want you can always come in the towel. Girls would be feasting over that hunky piece of body.....",Dhruv added with a laugh.

"Guess I should say thank you for your compliment", I replied with a slight disgust.

I am not a playboy. I am a one woman guy. And I am yet to meet her....

And a soft smile crept up my lips as Nandini's face flashed in front of eyes......

Or have I already met her.

I quickly put on a jeans and a light blue shirt and headed to the cafeteria with Dhruv.

My phone buzzed in the pocket, I pulled it out to see it was Mom.

"Shit I forgot to call", I picked up the call.

"Mom?"

"Did you reach college or were you abducted by some pirates from the roads of Washington!",Mom asked.

Really! Pirates!!

Of course how can my sweety mom leave a chance of hitting me back in such cases.

"Mom I reached", I replied.

"God then you forgot to use the phone or what that I didn't receive any calls from you.", she went on.

"Mom I just forgot. I would have called you at night. Don't worry I can't forget my mom, I think even if I want to", I tried to sound grumpy.

"Sorry honey, can't let you forget me....", she laughed.

"Okay, Mom. I am going now....will talk later. Love you"

"Love you too. Be safe and okay"

"Yeah mom, bye", and I hung up. I have an amazingly cool mother and she always manages to make me smile whatever the situation maybe.

"Was it your mom?", Dhruv asked.

"Yeah....", I replied looking at him but he stayed quiet.

I took a cheese burger and Dhruv had a veggie one and we settled at a table. We silently had our food.

I noticed Dhruv had been awfully silent for sometime. And this doesn't suit him.

I nudged him and asked," Buddy are you fine?".

Without looking up he nodded his head.

I patted his back and said," Come on Dhruv spit it out. Man you can tell me....."

"Its nothing dude. I need some air. Will meet you at the dorm", and Dhruv left.

Now what happened to him. Seriously...... I don't know why I felt angry and I left the cafeteria and went back to the dorm.

I stood leaning against the rods in the corridor. My first day of college and it was complete shit.
I got a punch as a welcoming present.

I met a overly beautiful girl who is sticking up in my head and making me crazy..... It should be made illegal to look so beautiful.

And lastly I got a friend who is upset about some stupid reason and is roaming around to get fresh air.

I closed my eyes and prep talked myself. Tomorrow is going to better Manik. Wait for it.

"I hate you..... I hate you", a voice shouted out of the dark and I turned my head to that direction.

Now what!! Is it not enough for one day.

And as I watched a sniffing sound came. I slowly walked following the sound and I crashed with something soft.

It tumbled and was going to fall but I caught it. And a pair of small hands clutched my shirt.

"Sorry", I mumbled and pulled it up and there she was......

Tears strained on her face, hair messy, black lines under her eyes.......

Was it was the same face that had my heart burning.....

"Nandini....", I tried to speak but nothing came out.

"I hate you......", was all she said before she collapsed on my chest and I stood there holding her in my arms protecting from the darkness.

Here is another part. Hope you enjoy. And do leave your votes and comments.

Till then happy reading.