1

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live through it. – A Life Quote

12 months earlier

12 months earlier

I wake to my alarm blaring. I roll over and hit the off switch. I open my eyes and let them adjust to the light.

Another day at my dead end job. Why can't I find a job that goes with the University Certificates I have?

Climbing out of bed I head to the bathroom and use the toilet. I wash my hands and look in the mirror. My hair is all over the place. I pick up my brush and run it through my long brown hair.

I exit the bathroom and head towards the small kitchen in the one bedroom apartment I rent. I open the fridge and pull out the carton of milk. I open the lid and it has a funny smell to it. I dump the contents in the sink.

I have to ask Lauren for some milk.

I wrap my dressing gown around me before walking out of the apartment and knocking on Lauren's door. I wait for someone to open the door. When the door is pulled open I see a naked chest. Raising my head I am met crystal blue eyes that has a spark to them.

He looks me up and down.

From down the hall I hear. "Babe, who is it?"

He doesn't reply.

Lauren walks towards to the door and she sees me. She smiles. "What do you need this morning?"

I look at the ground. "Milk,"

She laughs. "You know where the kitchen is."

I look back at my apartment.

The guy looks at me. "I'll keep an eye on the place for you."

I squeeze past the hot guy and enter the house. I pour some milk into a jug and turn to leave the apartment. "Thanks for the milk, Lauren."

She nods. "Let me know if you need anything from the store."

I smile. "I'll text you later." I move toward the door and the Adonis has it blocked. He leans towards me. His mouth brushes my ear as he whispers. "I'll see you tonight. I bet you can please me more than your friend."

A shiver runs down my back and I run into my apartment. I slam the door shut and pull the lock across it.

I hope he doesn't come around.

I look at the metal bat I keep near the door. If he comes by I can protect myself. I pour the milk into the coffee cup.

 I pour the milk into the coffee cup