10

The quality of life is more important than life itself.

Ever since Dex found out I was pregnant he hasn't let me out of his sight unless it was for a meeting he had to attend

Ever since Dex found out I was pregnant he hasn't let me out of his sight unless it was for a meeting he had to attend. I've been living him since the day we found out that I was having his baby.

Every night I share his bed and he wraps his arms around me. He kisses my neck and whispers sweet nothings in my ear until I fall asleep.

Dex pulls me against him. "Good morning, baby."

I turn my head towards him. "Morning." My stomach grumbles.

Dex laughs. "I need to feed the baby and you. Get dressed and I'll make you some toast and orange juice." He climbs out of bed and walks to the door.

He's wearing a pair of grey and black briefs that reveal his eight pack. He opens the door to the bedroom and exits the room.

I yawn. Climbing out of bed, I walk over to the cupboard. I look through the cupboard for something to wear for the Tyler Family cook-out. I pick out a light purple dress and set it on the bed. I walk to the draws on my side of the room and pull out a matching pair of underwear. I pull of my shorts and t-shirt. I place them on the bed and strip out of my underwear. I put the clean pair on and then the dress.

Walking into the bathroom, I grab my hair brush and brush my hair. I put it in a bun.

Dex enters the room. "Hey, baby. Breakfast is ready. After breakfast I need to go to the shops and get some last minute things for the cook-out. You still need to finish the cake you started last night."

I forgot about the cake.

Dex and I enter the kitchen and we have breakfast.

After breakfast we clean the kitchen. I wash up, while he dries and puts the dishes away. When the kitchen is clean he kisses my cheek. "I need to go to the shops." He grabs his keys and heads the door.

I start laughing.

Dex turns to me. "What's so, funny?"

I point to him. "You're still in your boxers."

He shake his head. "You distract me too much, Ava." He walks to the bedroom.

I pull out a mixing a bowl and a few other utensils I need to for the icing mixture. I put the butter on the stove and wait for it to melt. I follow the instructions on the cake packet.

Dex enters the kitchen and he looks at me. "How do I look?"

I smile. "You look great. Now, hurry up."

He exits the house.

I turn the radio on and listen to some music while I finish off making the cake.