Chapter Ten

Risks, they're all about believing in yourself, as well as in others. However that belief may sometimes come with one or more chances that need to be taken. Whether those chances include life or death, it doesn't matter. You might not be able to choose that you want to get out of that risk alive...your destiny will decide your fate. This describes everything I thought, as well as what I felt those three days without my baby girl. She could have changed so much in those three days and I would never know. I wonder about her every night. I wonder if she is ok, if she cries for me as much as I cry for her, if she even remembers me. "Don't think like that Renesmee." my conscience told me, and surprisingly enough I listened. I was spacing out just thinking about all of this when Jake said "Renesmee, I believe that's Volterra? Is it not?" He pointed to where the clock tower stood. Though something else caught my eye, it was the huge group of guards surrounding the area. How in gods name would we sneak past?! "There's to many." I said. "To many what?" he said. This time it was my turn to point. I pointed at the guards. "Oh I see what you mean." he said. "They're are to many guards." "No, there are to many santa clause impersonators." I said sarcastically. "Of course there are to many guards!" I yelled. "Don't joke with me Renesmee, this is not the time." he said. "You're right." I said. "Now, here's the plan." I said. "We don't need a plan." he told me. "What do you mean we don't need a plan?" I asked him. "We don't need one because I have back-up." he said. "Back-up?" I said. Now I was curious, who would he call for back-up? I told noone to show because I wanted to be brave and do this on my own. Then it hit me. "You didn't!" I said. "I'm sorry Renesmee, but you can't do this on your own and you know that!" he said. "It doesn't matter ok? It doesn't matter, just tell me who you called." I said. "Well I called the wolves, as well as the Cullens." he answered. "Oh, and the Cullens said they called the Denali coven, whoever they are." he added. Ugh! I wasn't angry just annoyed. "Are you angry we me?" he asked. I was going to say yes but then he gave me the sad puppy eyes he does all the time to try and soften me up. I sighed. "No." I said. "I'm actually kind of happy that you care so much for me, that you would call together a family reunion to help me rescue my baby." I said. We both laughed when I quoted family reunion. He kissed me and said that everything was going to be alright. We had about an hour until we would meet up with everyone at the gates of Volterra. He was about to take me to lunch when he said to me to get out of the car. I did and so did he. "If you're ready get on my back." he said. "They're waiting, so when I phase hop on my back and hold on tight." he gave me a kiss, and I hoped it wasn't our last. He phased and we were off...off to save the life of another.