Chapter Eleven

What would you do to save someone you loved? Would you die for them? Would you risk danger to save them? However, if that someone was your very own flesh and blood, your own child, mommy and daddy's little girl; would you do even more? Jake and I would stop at nothing for one reason and one reason only...our baby girl was in danger. Belle Marie needed me most of all because I was the only one who knew her well enough to know that she was special. I put my hand on Jacob's face and asked him my question in picture. "Jake are we close?" I questioned him and he looked at me and nodded his head yes. He was right though, we were close, for I could see the front of Volterra just over the horizon. I wondered though, how we were ever going to get past the fleet of guards. We have to think of a strategy. All of a sudden, I felt a presence slowly but surely coming up behind me. I could feel Jake's muscles tense and I could hear a low rumble coming from his throat. However, he suddenly stopped growling and tensing, probably because he knew just as well as I did that there was nobody dangerous behind us. In fact they weren't even after us, they were trying to catch up with us. Jake then slowed down then finally came to a complete stop. I got off of his back and he  transformed back into his Jacob form. Unexpectedly --and completely out of nowhere-- my dad was beside me. "Dad..." I whispered, "I'm scared for her." I said. I then ran into Jake's arms and started to cry. For these past five days I have been through nothing but pure torture and with that torture came the will to cry at times...but all that came were tearless sobs, I felt nothing anymore. All I felt was the wind in my hair now, as well as everyone's eyes locked on me telling me to pull myself together because my baby was in danger and I was the only one strong enough to get to her for because a mother's love is never broken and is to strong to be broken. I tied my hair back and looked at Jacob. He nodded at me and I nodded back as if to say "Ok, I'm ready ." Jake was going to phase back, but i stopped him. He was confused as to why I asked him not to phase. I put his face in my hands and kissed him. I then proceeded to tell him these words..."Jake, I love you so much, and for some reason unknown I need you in your human form." "I feel protected and safe when I can just hold your hand." His reply was breathtaking..."I love you to the ends of the earth, and I'll never leave your side." We then proceeded to what seemed like easy street, though we didnt know what we were up against.