Chapter 1: The Back Story

If you're reading this after Jan. 18, 2014.... it has been edited all the way through

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::Jasmine:: {pic in mm box}

I'm so fed up with this weak, simple-minded, selfish, inconsiderate bastard, I call my boyfriend. With the way he treats me, you would think I would have left him a long time ago. That wasn't always the case, during the first year or so of us being together, he was actually really sweet and caring, I thought I had hit the lottery when we first started talking on a relationship level, but hell all lottery winnings come to an end if you don't know how to spend 'em correctly. I guess that was my problem, holding him down, being there when he needed somebody, etc. We've known each other for about 10 years, give or take, when I first met him, he was ugly, nerdy and lame af, but I still befriended him, I wasn't the 'stuck up, I'm too good to hang out with certain people,' type of person. He was slick cool af, and had the sweetest personality, he knew how to treat females, and he would always flirt with me, I wasn't into relationships then, but it didn't hurt to be nice. By the time we got to high school, he had hoes coming from left and right, I must admit the nigga did go from being as ugly, nerdy, and lame as Steve Urkel to being as sexy and laid back as Chris Brown, he didn't look like either of them, but that's how drastic his transformation was. Even through all his hoes and heartbreaks, I was still that shoulder he could cry on, I was always there for him, I mean he had become one of my best friends, maybe that's the problem: I'm always there for him. It wasn't until our first year of college, that we made our relationship official and became the "it" couple, we were best friends first, so of course our relationship was weird, but adorable. What made it even worse: we were an athletic couple, he played football & I cheered... and during basketball season, you would've thought we were Monica & Quincy from Love & Basketball. But like all good stories, fairytales, and books, it was bound to come to an end. 

Oh wait before we go any further, I guess I should introduce myself and tell you a little bit more about him. My name is Jasmine and I'm 20 years old, I live and attend college in Georgia. Earlier this year my boyfriend and I decided to get an apartment not too far from school, and like 2 months after he started tripping like hell. Travion, is his name, but he prefers Tray, I was the first to call him that and for a long time, I was the only one allowed to call him that, but then he got a girlfriend and a few more friends, and then everybody was allowed to call him that, there's a reason I called him Tray tho.

When I first saw him, it was during lunch, and since he was so nerdy, somebody thought it was cool to trip him up and his whole tray fell on him. While everybody was laughing at him, I decided to help him get cleaned up, and when I asked for his name he told me and I smiled and told him after the little incident in the cafeteria, I would be calling him "Tray" he smiled and accepted it and insisted that it be an insider between the two of us.

Now, I call him whatever rolls off my tongue. Everybody else thinks "Tray" is just a shorthand way of saying his name.

Let's get back to the topic at hand though, let me explain why I called him all of those names in the beginning. You see, Tray's bitch ass has become the typical nigga: chase girl, be faithful for a little while (he's probably still faithful, but yeah), spend "quality" time with her, then ditch her and do whatever the hell he wants. But there's only so much of that bullshit I can take, before I start to change as well. For the first month: it's cool, because I understand his friends may start to clown him about being "whipped" or whatever, cool hang out witcha friends. The second month: I'm still a little cool but not as cool as I was before, if you so-called hanging out witcha niggas, why yall gotta see each other every day??? I start to become a little suspicious, hanging out with the same group of guys 24/7 for 2 months straight, that don't seem a little flamboyant??? it's either he's telling the truth or he's lying. By the 3rd and 4th month, I become a bitch with the worst attitude, and I'm ok with admitting that, we're all entitled to do that every now and then. Month 5 not only is my attitude bitchy, but I start doing petty shit, like: hiding lotion, cologne, nice shirts, etc. why does he need to wear cologne and dress all nice to hang with the guys???? My point exactly. Month 6 a.k.a this month it's time I act just Like a Boy! Let's see how he feels when I turn the tables.