Chapter Six- Cancer

I woke up in BEN's bed and saw him sleeping on the floor with a N64 controller in his hand. I got up, pulled him into the bed and then realized why the mattress felt so lumpy. His dirty laundry was under the covers. I am so glad I slept on top of them.

I was turning around to leave when BEN grabbed my arm. "Stay..." He said sleepily. I pulled my arm away and he groaned as if in agony. I giggled a little at the sight and left the room.

I went down stairs and ate breakfast then went back to my room. I was about to play some music when someone knocked on my door. I opened it to reveal LJ, who had a paper in his hand. He extended his hand out and I took the paper. It read:

Dear Morgan,

I hope your well and you should stop by the hospital when you can. I need to tell you something important.

Your pal,
Miles

I finished the letter and flipped it over. Grabbing a pencil I wrote:

LJ, can we go to the hospital?

He read it, nodded and I thought for a second. Comicon was coming up and some people dressed as creepypastas, so I'll let him go like that. Except he needs to hide the claws...

I snuck into Jeff's room and grabbed a hoodie. I handed it to LJ and motioned to my hands and then put them in my pockets. He got the memo and did the same. I went outside, put on my sunglasses, got on my bike, and rode to the hospital my friend was in.

The nurse at the front asked who we wanted to see and LJ said, "Miles..."

"...Griffin ." I finished, having the sound come out half choked. She thought nothing much of it and typed at the computer. Giving us our guest passes, she gave us instructions on how to get to the room.

Miles was on one of the top floors--room 104 to be exact. I walked up to the room, LJ on my arm and saw his mom sitting in a chair by his bed side. He was hooked up to many different machines. LJ looked at me and said, "I'll give you two some time and wait out here. It seems you  two have a lot to talk about." I nodded and went in the room and as soon as the door slid open, Miles' mom looked at me.

"Morgan!" She exclaimed. "How are you? We've been having trouble lately getting ahold of you."

"Good..."  was all I could manage.

"Are you okay? What's wrong with your voice?" She asked. I luckily had brought a pen and paper in one of my pockets, fished it out and wrote down:

I have a sore throat. It's just allergies.

"Oh. Anyway, I heard about your parents. I'm sorry for your loss. They were good people, and didn't deserve to die like that."

Yeah, you're right. They didn't.

'Not that you would understand because you didn't actually kill them.'

"Anyway, who's the dapper gentleman outside the door? He seems your type." I shrugged at what she said. She pointed at the door and I thought for a moment and then wrote:

Oh him, that's Raven Barrett. He's just a friend.

"Oh. And speaking of friends, I also heard about Kailey. I'm sorry again for your loss."

I'm fine. Um, could you give me and Miles a moment?

"Oh, no trouble dear. I have to leave anyway for work. If you ever need anything dear, you can always call." She said as she arose. She slid the door open and stepped out. I sat in the chair, pulling it up to the bed. I peeked at Miles face.