Ch.2 Adoption Day

-All of this is Lillian's Pov unless I say otherwise.

  Breakfast was pretty good, we had bacon, sausage, biscuits, eggs, and/or fruit; and there was milk or juice to drink. After breakfast we had free time until 9:30 am because the people were coming around then to look for a child. Since we had about an hour, I told Tif and Hadley I was going to sleep for a little. As I was turning around to go I saw worry flash across there faces. I don't blame them. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my parents death and the nightmares are always worse on the night before.  I start to get into bed when I hear their familiar footsteps coming into the room. I smile a little bit knowing that they're just makin sure that I'm ok. They turned on the radio that we had in our room, and then started playing card games to pass the time. I think they said they were playing Phase 10. I got comfortable under my covers and as soon as I closed my eyes I entered into a nice peaceful sleep.

  I felt someone shaking me and telling me to get up, but I was tired and wanted to get back to sleep since I knew I probably wouldn't get much sleep tonight. So I just rolled over, but the shaking became more insistant, "What?" "You've only got 5 minutes before the people come to adopt so get up!" When I heard Hadley say this, my eyes snapped open and I rolled out of bed. I then grabbed my my hairbrush and ran it through my hair, it's always a mess when I get up. I didn't have time to do much so I just threw it up into a pony tail.

  Then we all threw our tennis shoes on and went to the hallway where Mrs. Jess, the lady who owns the orphanage, ave us the talk she normally gives us when people come to adopt kids. This is a slight rundown of the rules: be respectful, be on your best behavior, and be yourself. These are just a couple, but they're the main ones. I tunned out what she said because I've heard it a LOT of times, I've been  here for 3 years, it gets really annoying. I didn't have to look at Tif and Hadley because I already know there doing the same thing. We've all been here for about the same amount of time. After Mrs. Jess was done telling the rules she told up to go do some activities.

  Tif, Hadley, and I went to the sports fields first. Hadley like soccer (football), so we played a couple of games of soccer, and since Tif likes volleyball we played that for a while. After we were done with that we decided to go to the music room because I wanted to practice for a little bit. We all like to sing even though we might not be very good. We were oblivious to the fact that the people coming to adopt were here, but when we saw them, we'd get the shock of our lives.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Love Ya! :)

-Rose