Explainations

(Jeff the Killer's POV)

         "Stupid faceless man, what made him think I'd believe any of that?" I growl to myself as I stalk down the mansion's halls. "'I didn't do anything.' he said, 'She used ventriloquy.' he said. Whatever that means." I smack the frame of a painting, causing the portrait to spin on it's hook before landing back in its original position. It's perfect angles seem to mock me, so with a smirk I tilt it.
         "Thats going to piss Slender off, but thats probably why you're doing it." A matter-of-fact voice sighs behind me. 'Perfect, just what I needed. Another hard-ass to tell me off.'
         "Hey, Masky! I was just thinking about how much I wanted to see you." The boy stops walking to tilt his head to the side, his voice full of sarcasm.
         "Of course you were." Masky adjusts his jacket, pulling off a pair of bloodied gloves. 'He must've got back from his top-secret proxy stuff. I wonder...' I flash a crazy grin, lowering my brow before looking at the boy's white mask.
         "Hey, have you met Mouthy?" I let the words slither off my tongue, watching his hands freeze as he registers the question. He stays silent, thinking of the right thing to say.
         "...Who?" His tone is entirely casual, making his twitching fingers my only clue.
         "I did, Boss introduced us. He said something about you too. Something about his proxies." I step up to him, knowing that he has information about that girl. "Her mask was as white as yours, but she wasn't as smart mouthed as you."
         "Oh was she? Honestly Jeff, what are you talking about?" Masky's face is hidden by his mask, but I can practically hear his eyes rolling in his head. 'He's lying! I hate liars!' I push his shoulders into the nearby wall, holding him there while I hiss my anger at him.
         "I was just told by Slendy himself, that you and the other two are only half of his servants. Masky, I know you're hiding something. I already know she exists now tell me who she is!"
         "Jeff..." Masky starts to growl, clearly frustrated. "Did you say that Slender told you about Mouthy?" I nod and drop my hands from his shoulders.
         "I found her running through the manor, caught her and was about to end her petty life when he showed up to stop me." I sigh as I replay the chase in my head.
         "You caught her? Thats unusual... Where'd you see her?" Masky's voice perks as he finally finds interest in the conversation.
         "How is that unusual? What sort of things have been going on right underneath our noses? Tell me Masky." I glare at that stupid white mask, waiting for his explanation. He sighs almost inaudibly before turning and walking down the hall. "Oi! Don't walk away from me! I want answers!" I reach to grab his arm, but Masky catches the sleeve of my hoodie; spinning around me. My face collides with the wall as he pulls my arm behind my back, bending it uncomfortably... ppfff, it doesn't hurt though...
         "Then follow me, I can't talk to you out here. The others will hear and cause a fuss; its bad enough that you found out." He holds me in place, waiting for me to agree. Masky twists my arm more, causing me to grunt.
         "Fine! I'll be right behind you." He lets go, walking down the hall again. I rub my shoulder quietly stepping behind him. 'That's the fastest I've seen him snap, usually he wouldn't care until I hit him. Something is definitely going on here.'

~•~•~

         Masky slams the large wooden door close, after waving me inside. Once I hear the lock click in place he turns to me sharply, hesitantly silent.
         "Slender as no reason to keep secrets from you or the others in this household, but he doesn't have any reason to tell you either." Masky tosses his leather jacket onto the empty dresser. "So, you ask the questions and I'll answer. I'm not going to give you random information." He folds his arms over his chest, flashing the chiseled biceps the boss requires him to have.
         "All right, who is Mouthy?" I start with the simplest of questions.
         "She's one of the boss's proxies."
         "No shit, I already knew that. What does she do that's different that the other five of you? Just tell me what you know about whoever is behind that stupid white mask!" I ball my hands into fists, waving them around to express my frustration. "She doesn't even have a mouth on her mask! Why is she called 'Mouthy' if she doesn't have a mouth?"
         "Because she's a ventriloquist." Masky sighs, clearly annoyed with my childish behavior; even I'll admit, I'm acting a bit like Toby.
         "That's what the boss said! What does that mean?"
         "It means she can throw her voice and imitate any sound she wants. I honestly don't know how but it comes in handy when distracting a target."
         "Does that mean the you've been on missions with her?" I growl as Masky pauses to think. "Well?" I grow inpatient.
         "Yea, she's been assigned with Hoody and I a few times. I don't know if Toby's worked with her yet though..."
         "Keep going, tell me all you can. I've ask too many questions and now I'm antsy." I lean on the wall, sliding to the floor with my knees close to my chest. I give the masked boy my full attention, I want information.
         "Fine. Slender likes to keep several kinds of people under his command. He has a secret soft spot for humans who exceed his expectations; the 'different' ones, in his words." Masky begins pacing in front of me. "From what I've picked up, I believe that she was one of those intriguing humans; same with Kate and Toby." I kick out my legs nearly tripping him.
         "Who's Kate?!" Masky drops his head, tired of explaining.
         "She's another proxy. I think Mouthy's her designated partner."
         "Partner?!" The question bursts from my mouth.
         "Are you going to let me explain or not?" Masky puts a hand to his forehead muttering curses at me. I close my mouth, knowing that the cuts in my cheeks would still make me look smug. "So ya, partners... I know Slender is a bit of a perfectionist so he like his proxies to be in pairs of two: Hoody and myself, Kate and Mouthy, then Toby and whoever the new guy will be. Yes! There's going to be another one of us. Deal with it." I hold my arm up in the air, ignoring him.
         "So if Toby is living in the manor does that mean new guy will too?"
         "... I don't know. Thats another thing, Slender likes to have us spread out; thats why you've never met Mouthy or Kate. So it could be very possible he could be relocated to the sanitarium, I think the girls are in the elementary or was it the mines..." Masky stops pacing, staring at the wall. He sighs leaning on it before sliding to the floor next to me.
         "Sanitarium? Elementary? What, is the boss also a psychiatrist and a school teacher?"
         "No, thats just some of the locations that the boss likes guarded." Masky sighs, covering his eyes with his hand. "Let's see: theres the forest, the manor, sanitarium, elementary, the mines... um..." He starts to mutter things under his breath, I can't help but laugh.
         "You don't sound too confident with that answer." I smirk at him. He pulls his hands free from his face, staring at me through the black eye holes of his mask.
         "Jeff, its complicated. We just do as Slender tells us too, asking few to no questions and everything turns out fine. That about sums up everything we do."
         "So, you're just pawns to him?"
         "No, we're the rooks, bishops, and horsemen. You freeloaders are the pawns." Masky snickers lightly, only trying to lighten the atmosphere. I elbow him in the side, growling.
         "Hardass, you work too much." I stand up, forcing my hand out to the masked boy. He takes my hand and I pull him up. "I know Slender would be angry with you telling me, but I appreciate it." I give Masky a nod of respect, and he only scoffs.
         "I didn't act against his will, he told me to tell you."
         "He what? ...Nevermind, I forgot about that whole telepathy shit." I turn to leave, huffing as I spin on my heel. Pausing only to hear Masky pulling his jacket off the dresser. "The boss sure has a complicated way of doing things, doesn't he?"
         "Hell yeah he does." Masky groans as we step out of the room and back into the hall.