Rough Recovery

(Eyeless Jack's POV)

"Damn, I should have taken Slender's advice and just left you there." I mutter to Mouthy's collapsed body. She groans in reply and I can no longer tell if she's asleep or not. Partially at least. Her eyes have been wandering around my lab since I brought her in here. Yes, as was expected, we used the window to get out of room 110-2. However, I had wanted to find another exit and left Mouthy alone while I investigated the other rooms. Concerned by a loud thud, I had ran back to the room to find both Hoody's backpack and the bruised proxy in the bushes below the open window. For the second time in less than an hour, Mouthy fell out of the same window. Needless to say I attempted to scolded her for not waiting until I returned, but she became unresponsive after getting the wind knocked out of her. I didn't want to carry her and she didn't want to be carried. So after scaling down the thick ivy covering the building, I threw on Hoody's backpack and offered Mouthy my shoulder.

During the incredibly long walk around the building, Mouthy was still disoriented from everything that happened to her. She squeezed my shoulders to keep from falling down, balancing herself by leaning against me. The girl was trying hard not to have me help her, and it was only making things more difficult for the both of us. I groaned about the size of the damn building several times, earning robotic moans from Mouthy. I couldn't tell if she was agreeing with my statements or just making noise to make noise. We eventually found the back door that Masky opened earlier and scaled up the staircase; going in one big damn circle. Tossing aside the idea of other people living in this mansion, we quickly made it to my lab and I locked the door behind us. Mouthy leaned against the wall right as I closed the door, sliding to the floor and has been lying there since.

"Mouthy, if you're going to heal properly you'll need to eat. Any preference?" I ask bluntly, and she shake her head slowly in reply. Well, that makes my job easy. "Stay here, and I mean it this time. I'll be locking the door so no one else comes in." She nods again, not making any noise. Good, staying quiet was going to be my next command. I turn out of the room, and start to walk towards the kitchen.

Slender has taught all of his proxies similarly it seems, however they use different skills. Stealth, foraging, spying, berzerker-like strength, inhuman reflexes, and strange mind-over-matter techniques. I'm really curious about them honestly. I wonder if I could earn Mouthy's trust enough to have her explain everything she knows about it to me. I'll work to get her healed, and quench my curiosity at the same time. It could work fine so long as... Before I can finish my thought, an angry set of feet stomp into my vision. My back is thrown into the wall as Jeff's pale hands shove my shoulders. "Where are the proxies?" He growls, his cut smile curving into a snarl. "Rephrase the question." I hiss back, trying to read his body language. It's clear he's mad and wants answers, there's no doubt about that. But I'm unsure of which proxies, he should only think that the twin-soldiers are here.

Jeff takes a step closer to me, his arms lowering to his side but not inching to his knife; good. His voice lowers and his face shows that he's in deep thought.

"I was with Masky when he spotted something out the window. He bolted out the door, leaving me and my curiosity to look for ourselves. Guess what the hell I saw? You, the yellow twin, and that damn ventriloquist." Jeff growls at me, his hands curling into fists at his sides. "Where are they now?" I lift my hand into the air to silence him. "Something came up." I whisper calmly, trying to decide what I can do to avoid this conversation. "Hell no, you're not leaving me with just that, Doc! For once give me the information straight." Jeff hisses, grabbing my arm as I try to walk past him. I snap, turning to grab his arm and push it against his chest. Inching closer to his gashed face, I lower my own voice harshly. "You want answers, then listen closely, Smiley. I need to get my hands on some food and water. The whole damn building knows my diet doesn't include anything in the kitchen so I have no reason to be there. You get a bottle of water and something high in protein, and I'll consider explaining." I drop his wrist, turning away from the pale faced man. "Someone else already knows and also wants answers, but I'm not too inclined to..."