No Frolicking in the Forest

(Vince the Proxy's POV)

I run through the green bushes, hearing their footsteps gaining on me. Shit, shit, shit! Why? Why did I do that!? It wasn't intentional, I-I didn't want to actually hit her, I just thought I could do it. I knew I had the power to do it, but my damn hands moved on their own! Shit, why didn't she dodge? Why'd she put any trust in me, the new guy, I'm crazy and she let her guard down. Damn it! The inhuman growling squeals in my ear, eating my sanity away even more. I run in a zig-zag motion around the trees, ducking under the low hanging branches, and diving around broken stumps or jumping over logs. The Chaser's furious growls dig into my head and drag fear out of the dark corners of my mind, pushing my body forward without thinking. How the hell can any being make that noise? It's like an angry pig squealing for the death of another in the litter, making me feel her bloodlust phantomly lick the back of my neck. Chills crawl over my entire body as Kate's stomping steps increase speed, making her curdling growls even louder. Why won't my feet stop? Why can't I just turn around and explain everything to her? Something like "Hey, sorry I decked your partner in the back of the head with a turn-spit. I promise not to do it again so long as you don't break every bone in my body." Who am I kidding, like hell that's going to work! My breath starts to hitch, I haven't had to run like this before, with my life on the line. But my focus has been on The Chaser this whole time, where's the twitch? He was right behind me after he saw what I did to Mouthy, the look in his eye, that look is what made me run. Shit, this isn't going to end smoothly at all. If Kate catches me I'm dead, if Toby gets me he'll knock me out and Slender'll be the one to end my life. No, I won't die just yet! But what am I going to live for? What does this life offer? What will it take away? Damn it! I can't think about this, I have to keep them off of my trail! I need to shake them off and try to think, focus on escape moron! While my thoughts are left unchecked and I continue to run past the green scenery scraping my skin on the branches of the bushes. Of course I had to wash that damn shirt, now I have to run for my life without any coverage on the top half of my body. Hearing the crushing footsteps of my pursuers, I stop thinking of my shirtless body and more on how I'm going to survive this. I can't turn and fight both of them, I have to pick off one then the other. But how? I blink, not seeing a branch until the last second, diving under it quickly. The miss-step causes me to slip and roll, throwing me under a bush. I hear Kate rush without stopping to avoid the branch I about hit, however she catches it with her hands to leap over it without skipping a beat. I watch the stained proxy run forward non-stop, disappearing through the greenery. I have to pause, waiting for my lungs to take in air after holding back a breath. "Holy shit." I pant softly, reaching my hand up to grab at my heart. Ripping off my shades to wipe my eyes free from the tears that had streaked across my face while running. I sit up and relax my shoulders as I lean over my sore legs, remaining quiet incase she figures out I dropped behind and flips around to find me. I freeze listening to the world around me, fearing the sound of her footsteps, hearing the phantom sounds of crushing leaves. Atleast, I think it's phantom... "Oh shit!" A vulgar chant of swears fall like water from Toby's lips as I watch him fail to stop himself, running into the low hanging branch. A loud crack echoes as his face makes contact with the wood, knocking him to the ground with a breathtaking thud. I stop my own breathing, attempting to hide deeper in the brush without making any noise. I watch my own partner tumble over his own feet, sending one of his axes flying into the bushes with me. This... this could be my chance to fight my way out of here alive. All I need to do is... "Vince, put the ax down we can talk this out." Toby's voice rings in my ears, pulling me from my head, and putting my attention back to the setting around me. Once again, my body moved without my consent, fulfilling the ideas I had previously been contemplating. "Put the ax down, Vince." Toby repeats more sternly, standing up to look me in the eye. "I-I don't know what this feeling is, I can't focus my thoughts." I mutter, standing with Toby's ax gripped tightly in my fist. "Slender's going to kill me off for sure, huh?" "Not necessarily, we fight all the time anyways. Just drop the ax, we'll go back to the Elementary, make sure Mouthy's taken care of and forget this happen." Toby hisses, putting his hands up to display his claims with his hands. "Do you understand, Vince?" He growls, demanding some kind of confirmation. I look at his face, contorted in thick rage, before dropping my eyes to the old wood handled weapon. A smirk casts itself across my face. I sickening thunk and crack breaks the air after I let the ax fly free from my hand, pinning Toby to the tree. He groans, trying to pull the blade out of his forearm, spraying blood from the wound caused by my throw. I can't register the action in my head, my body moved on its own. The twitch looks at me with a look of surprise and betrayal; its contorts his brow into a look of pure rage. "Vince! You can't do this!" He growls loudly, shaking the air around us. "There's no way out of serving Slender, rebellion will get you killed!" Toby strains against the ax, pulling hard to break free. "Don't do this!" "I-I... Toby, I..." The words get caught in my throat, and I fail to hold my point. My senses are honed in on the rapid footsteps approaching, and my fear of The Chaser returns to my mind. My legs turn and running seems the only option of survival, and not a part of my mind could stop my feet from taking off back into the forest brush. "Vince!" Toby's shouts grow more distant and angry. "Vince!""Viiiiince!"

"Cursed to be ignored, angered at the mockery. caution the shadows, incase you've missed Mouthy."All images and characters belong to their respectable owners.
Thank you.