Chapter 20

It's been three weeks since we've gotten married. Three. Long. Weeks.  I'm covered in bruises and cuts, because Jake thinks I need to be punished for everything. I didn't drink enough water in a day? I need to be punished. I didn't finish all of my dinner? I need to be punished. I didn't brush my hair? I need to be punished. Every single little thing I do causes me to have to be punished. Of course he only hits me in places no one would ever see, since our neighbors often come over and have dinner with us. 

He expects me to be the perfect housewife. I do all of the cooking, cleaning, and any clothes mending if needed. He keeps telling me how he wants to start a family. He tells me about his fantasies of have four kids with me. The thought terrifies me. It's hell living here, how could I bring children into this world to have the same fate? What happens if I have a chance to escape, what about the kids? 

Jake tells me as soon as he finds a proper job that we will start our family. Hell knows when that's going to happen. It could literally happen tomorrow and he would be shoving his dick inside of me. It feels like it's every other night where he feels like having sex. Whenever I'm not cooperating, he just injects me with the serum to put me to "sleep." Whenever I'm under, it feels like I'm relieving my worst nightmares. Almost all of them so far have been different memories with Alex. 

Ever since I left with Jake, there has been absolutely no word from Alex. Will I ever see him again? Sometimes I hope he comes back and takes me away from this hell life, but that means I'd have to endure what he puts me through again. I can't decide who I'd rather live with. Several months ago, it would have been hands down, Jake. Now that I'm actually with him, I'm not so sure about that.

"Jade, what are you doing?" Jake asked sternly.

I suddenly remembered I wish in the middle of doing the dishes before I got lost in thought. How long was I zoned out?

"S-sorry." I shakily said while starting to scrub the pot again.

Jake nodded and grabbed a can of beer and then left. I hope he doesn't drink enough to get severely drunk. He's horrifying when he's drunk. He hits me and he throws the furniture. He also breaks dishes and sometimes pushes me onto the broken glass. Whenever he gets drunk I just try to lock myself in the bathroom and hope and pray that he passes out before he can do any harm.

I quickly finished up the rest of the dishes and then joined him in our bedroom. He was sitting on the bed watching tv while snacking on chips and drinking his beer. As soon as he saw me, he set his can down and turned off the tv. He closed the bag of chips and stood up.

"Let's shower together. We haven't in over a week." He said as he pulled me towards the bathroom.

I silently sighed and followed him. He shut the bathroom door and started pulling off my clothes. He then pulled off his own and turned on the shower. He waited for it to be warm before he pulled me in with him. The water felt nice against my skin, but his presence wasn't nice at all. But, then he did something he hasn't done before. He gently started pressing kisses against my bruises. He wrapped his arms so gently around me and it almost felt like he was apologizing for what he's done to me. 

"Jade..I'm so sorry for hurting you like this. I can't believe what a bitch I was to do that to you. I promise I will never do that ever again. How am I supposed to get you to trust me if I hit you? I love you so much and it pains me to see you in pain. I promise from now on, I won't hit you and I won't make you do anything you don't want. I just want you to love me as much as I love you."

I turned around to see his eyes red and his cheeks stained with tears. Was he actually being sincere right now? Even if he isn't, I really just need to go with this. Besides, it's what I want anyway. Although, I don't think I could ever truly love him. I wiped his tears away and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey it's okay. I'm glad you realize what you did was wrong and I'm really happy that you won't do it again. From now on, I will put all of my trust and love into you. And thank you for understanding. I know you want to start a family, but honestly, I'm not ready yet. Please, let's just wait a while." I replied.

Jake smiled and nodded. The rest of our shower was surprisingly pleasant. He didn't touch me in any way sexual and he was very kind and gentle. Even the rest of the night was very nice. After we showered, we watched a movie. Afterwards, we had a tickle fight and then got ready for bed. Is Jake actually going to keep this up? Is he going to continue to be the Jake that I was once in love with?

I could hardly sleep thinking about all of those things. What if I do fall in love with Jake again? Will I end up having children and wanting to stay with him forever? Will my family just have to accept that they'll never see me again and that I'll never be able to see them again? What if Alex suddenly returns again and takes me back? My heart was racing with all of these questions. What is my fate?

After a few hours, I finally managed to fall asleep. Jake even let me sleep in the next morning. Am I really going to fall back in love with Jake?