Chapter 15

December 28, 2013

Colorado sucks. I can't believe we're here now. No one will ever find me. If they couldn't find me in California, how in the freaking heck are they supposed to find me in Colorado?

I hate Alex. I hate him so much.

We basically live in the middle of no where, in a little shack. It's so hot here.

I'm so dirty, there's no shower out here, and whatever water we have is what we drink.

I just want to go home.

I finished writing after I heard Alex's car pull up. I hurry and slipped the notebook back into my bag.

I heard the door open loudly, slamming shut.

"A-Alex?" I said, hoping it was someone to come and save me.

"What?" Alex said as he entered my room.

"Oh never mind." I said.

"Whatever. Anyway, you know that guy..Jake? Well, we're going back, and you're going to live with him in his actual house for a few months. I need to leave the US. And police has left state, they're coming to this state. So we need to leave, like right now. Pack your stuff."

When he said Jake, I got really excited. I mean yeah, Jake annoyed me at times, but at least it's far away from Alex.

I hurried and packed my things and walked out of the bedroom.

"Let's go." Alex said once I walked out.

I followed him out to his car. He threw my bag in the trunk and pushed me in the passanger's seat.

He then jumped into the driver's seat, and turned on the car.

We then simply left. 

.

.

After hours of driving, sleep took over me. I don't really know what happened.

All I know is I woke up in a room, tucked into a bed. My bag was on a desk across the room. There was a closet, a dresser, and a bed side table. There was also a calender, and a clock.

It was 6:30 pm, on December 29.

Was I at Jake's house?

I carefully walked over to the door. I didn't hear any noises.

I opened the door to discover a long hallway. Which way was I supposed to go?

I went with my gut and walked left. I walked until I saw a staircase. I carefully walked down the wooden steps. I looked over and saw a living room. I looked to the other side and saw the kitchen.

I walked down another hallway. I then entered a room with a door that leads to a backyard?

I saw Jake sitting on a trampoline. His back was facing me.

I slid the door open, and that got his attention.

"Sorry. I don't know..I just woke up in a strange place." I tried explaining.

He didn'tsay anything, just patted the tramp next to him. I walked over, and jumped up.

I looked to see what he was looking at. It was a gorgeous sunset.

"It's so beautiful." I said in awe.

"So are you." Jake whispered.

I looked at him with wondering eyes. Did he just call me beautiful?

"Thank you." I whispered back.

He looked me in the eyes.

"Look, what Alex is doing is sick and wrong. I'm going to help you get out of this. I just need Alex out of country. He'll literally kill me if he knew." Jake said.

"I get it. He killed Nick. What if he kills you?" I questioned.

"I don't know. All I can do right now is hope." Jake said.

The sun went down quicker than I thought. The air started getting colder, and I got goosebumps. Jake quickly noticed.

"Let's go inside. It's getting late, let's get to bed." Jake said.

I followed him inside. He walked me to my room, saying goodnight.

I quickly shut the door, turned off the light, and jumped into the bed. I needed sleep so bad. Everything was happening all at once.

I closed my eyes, and soon fell off into a deep sleep.