Chapter 12

Jade's POV: 

As I sank deeper and deeper, I felt a pair of hands grab me, and pull me out. I started choking on the water that had filled my lungs. He pumped on my stomache, forcing the water out of me. I opened my eyes to a bloody Alex. Fear filled with in me.

I quickly scooted away from him. He walked over to me, and helped me up. He eyed me up and down looking at my cold, wet, body. I crossed my arms over my chest to block his view.

After a few seconds of just awkwardly standing there, I heard a car driving toward us. I turned my head, but didn't recognize who as driving the vehicle. The car came to a screeching stop, and the guy jumped out of the car.

Nick. That was Alex's twin brother. Why was he here? He walked toward us.

"I'll take her." Nick said motioning to me.

"Good. I'll set up the other place. Make sure she is not seen." Alex told his brother. Nick simply nodded.

Nick grabbed my hand, dragging me to his car.

"Look I want to help you get away from him." Nick said as he took off.

I looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Y-you do?" I asked.

He shook his head, yes.

"I think what Alex is doing is sick. I'm just going along with it..Don't blow it. Got it?" Nick said forcefully.

I simply nodded. I shivered as I remembered I was freezing cold from the water. Nick looked over at me, and pulled a large jacket from the back seat. He handed it to me. I hurried and put it on, recieving warmth.

He drove us to his and Alex's house. He dragged me inside.

"You know where the guest bedroom and the bathroom are. Help yourself. Then we can think of a plan when you're done. Also there is fresh clothes in the room from when you left them here. I'll be back with something while you're doing that." Nick said as he started walking out of the house.

He left me alone. I quickly ran up, took a shower, and got dressed in my own clothes. I sat on the bed, waiting for Nick to return. I saw a phone, I wanted to call the cops so bad, but would Nick get in trouble? Maybe he'd take me to the police station, so he wouldn't get in trouble?

As I was deep in thoughts, Nick came in, holding some  Chinese take out boxes. He handed me a box and some chopsticks and we started eating.

"I'm thinking I'm doing to take you down to the police station." Nick said.

I nodded, a smile creeping it's way on my face. 

That's when the door slammed open and an angry looking Alex came in.

"What the heck! Nick are you serious? You are NOT taking her anywhere!" Alex screamed as he pulled out his gun and shot Nick.

I screamed in horror. Alex then pointed the gun at me.

"Shut up!" Alex screamed, still pointing the gun at me.

I crawled over to Nick. His breathing was super heavy.

"Nick." I whispered.

"I'm s-sorry." Nick said as he slowly started to close his eyes.

Great. The best thing that has happened to me since this whole thing is gone.