Pitstop

Kylies POV

After we were all packed into SUV, everyone took their seats. Jake was driving and of course Aubree took the passenger seat. Cody and Brooke sat together, of course. And then it was just Christina and I. Christina sat next to Cody and Brooke, while I sat alone. That actually wasn't a shocker. Usually in our little group the couples stuck together and Christina just tagged along with the couples. So that left me. Alone. I was happy for my friends to be in relationships but I wasn't thrilled that I Was constantly left out. I hope this trip will be different.

"Put Cruise ON!" Christina yelled to Jake.

"No that music sucks! I'm gonna put on Chief Keef!" Jake shouted back to all of us.

"Noo, that's like the best song for a road trip! Please babe?! For me?" Aubree said obviously trying to seduce him.

"Fine but only for you baby." Jake said with a wink.

Once he put the song on, everyone started to sing and roll the windows. I sang along for a little while, but then the world seemed to be put on pause. Watching Christina and Brooke laughing and smiling along with Jake and Cody reminded me of the past.It all started when my mom didn't think I was good enough, which landed me in a foster home. For a few months I hated it. I couldn't help but I feel like I wasn't wanted. This all changed the day I met Nathan.

Flashback

"Everyone this is Nathan." The foster mom said to all of the kids. One of them caught my eye in particular. She had dazzling blue eyes that were obviously tear stained. I never knew that someone so sad could look so beautiful. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun showing that she was careless about her looks. It didn't matter though she was gorgeous just the way she was.

"Nathan, do you want to introduce yourself?" I was snapped out of my daze.

"Uhh yeah I-I'm Nathan." The words fumbled out of my mouth. This girl had me speechless.

Days passed and I grew closer and closer with her every day. We were inseparable and were best friends. That changed really quickly though... One day we were sitting on one of the beds talking. The kids all went out with our foster parents for the day. We were the oldest ones so we decided to stay out of their childish activities. She was finally beginning to open up to me. She was telling me about her mom and that they gave her up because they didn't think she was he perfect daughter they expected. How could she ever feel not good enough? She was perfect in every way. She couldn't hold back the tears as she continued her life story. She was so sad and was balling her eyes out. The only thing I thought to do was hug her. I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms. I couldn't stand to see her that hurt. It hurt me to see her like that. I wanted to just hold her forever. She put her head on my shoulder and I rubbed the back of her head. My shoulder was wet with her tears. She finally settled down and pulled back. I saw those dazzling blue eyes and I couldn't control my feelings. As soon as I knew it I was leaning in and .....

Kylie's POV

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. I had hated this place for months and wished every day I was somewhere else. But this day I was happy, right where I was. I saw him leaning in and I did the same. Our lips touched and my tummy fluttered. I have never kissed a guy before and I didn't even know what I was doing. I had a feeling that I would soon learn though. Before I knew it I started to figure out how to make out. I knew that what I was doing was probably wrong. I pushed those thoughts away and decided to live for the moment. He laid back on the bed and I just followed his lead. As soon as I got the hang of things, our foster parents walked in. I didn't know that they were even standing there until they cleared their throats.