midnight chat

Jack called for me as I chuckled to myself at the table. Listening to his crying I smiled widely.
"Y/ n!  Some back here! Y/ n! Get back-"
"Shut it!" A voice called to him. I covered my mouth chuckling. Tiered shuffling feet crept up behind me. "Really?" They winded. I turned  smirking at the sight of a very tired Carl.
"Yes~" I chuckle. He staggered over and sat next to me. I smiled at his tiered frown, and half closed eyes. I rested his forehead on the table.
"Its like 3:00 am. Your lucky ally didn't wake up." Hi hummed.  I slightly chuckled.
"Her birthday is coming up." I stated.
"Oh ya? What are you gonna do for it?" I lifted his head slightly, now resting on his chin.
"I don't know. That's why I'm talking to you." I smiled.
"Oh!" He sat up and turned to me. "How long away is her birthday?" He smiled.
"Like three days."
"Play, one day before then we could go on a run with Daryl or someone to the town store in a near by town." He smiled. I returned in quickly.
"Ya."
"We could puck out a toy for her, and maybe at the same time get baby stuff for Judith."
"Ya." I said a bit louder smileing wider. Our knees touched as we sat talking. I closed my legs, so his were wider then mine. We didn't even notice we were leaning in. Our foreheads nearly touched. What am I doing!?!? I leaned away.
"You okay?" He grabbed my hand, that rested on my knee.
"Ya. Its just. I noticed Ally is, better. I mean even when we were together alone she was this small little girl. She would only talk when she knew we were alone. She would only talk to others when she needed help. Now shes talking, eating, everything she would rarely ever do. She needs you guys. I'm worried it might not stay like this." I looked down.
"Your wrong. She doesn't need us, she needs you. A mother."
"And a 'father" I laughed. He chuckled, nodding in agreement. My smile faded, thinking of my mom and dad.
"What was it like for you?" Carl asked, as if he knew what I was thinking of.
"It wasn't a life people would wish for or be proud about. It was one where someone would fear everything, and be angry that they didn't have the guts to do any thing about it, until it was to late." I sighed.
"I'm sorry. What happened to your parents?"
"Locked them in a room with a walker." I said blankly.
"Wow." He said softly.
"I didn't know their was a walker. I just wanted them to starve, like I did."
"So their dead?"
"While, my mom. My brother got there just in time."
"You have a brother?!"
"He is no way shape or form my brother, he's and ass!" I sighed, Carl chuckled at me. With our hands still touching he began to play with my fingers.
"Why?"
"He didn't stop them, from hurting me." Carl looked up to me.
"Hay, don't cry." He said softly. His hand dreaded out and wiped a tear away. What? I didn't even notice!? I couldn't help but hold his hand on my cheek. Next thing you know, we're leaning in again. But I don't want to pull away this time. Our lips touched. I don't want to leave. I want this. I want this life, even through I could die at any moment, its better now. We both pulled away in sync, touching our foreheads. His hand moved away from my face grabbing mine. Both my hands connected to north of his.
"Mommy? Daddy? I had a nightmare." Ally walked over. Scaring carl, he jumped a little.
"Well there go's our moment." He chuckled. We stud, holding hands we took ally to bed. We all snuggled up, in sitting positioned, and fell asleep. Me and Carl, together, with ally.