Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Cats POV

"And 1 medium Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream please." I said to the tall Cashier with Long Wavy blonde hair that settled effortlessly around her waist. I caught Harry eyeing her up and down. It was making me very frustrated. I thwacked him in the back of the head when no one was looking.

"Ow, what was that for?" Harry pouted and rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't act like you don't know, curly" he apologized and we sat at a table. It was silent for a good 5 minuets, we just sat there eating our ice cream. I broke the science. 

"When can I meet your mom?" I asked him licking my ice-cream. His head shot up and his curls bounced.

"Soon. When can I meet your mum?" He asked pulling out his phone. My head dropped and I let my hair fall in front of my face. I was holding back my tears with so much force, I can't cry again, I'm showing Harry I'm weak, I can't show Harry my weak side, not again. Every time someone mentions my mom I get depressed.

**flashback**

Me, My brother Ross and My sister Charlie where sitting at the top of the steps hugging each other listening to our parents argue again. I was 9, Ross was 15 and Charlie was 12. 'CAN YOU CALM DOWN THERE ARE CHILDREN TERRIFIED UPSTAIRS!' my father yelled at my mom. I sure was terrified, 'DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO ASSHOLE!' my mother screamed back. My mom was a alcoholic and a drug addict, I was scared of her, I hated her, still do to this day. All I heard over Charlie crying was dishes being smashed against the hardwood floor in the kitchen. I was flinching and squeezeing my eyes shut, trying to block out the loud screams from downstairs. I was hugging my big brother as tight as possible. He let his head fall into his hands. 'five more dishes I'm breaking them up, I can't take it'  Ross whispered into Charlie's ear, I knew exactly what he meant. After the next five dishes are broken, if, he is going to break them apart and settle everything. That's what he thought, it's what I thought.

One dish broken.

Two dishes Broken.

Three

Four. He kissed me and Charlie and I grasped onto the key neck less he had given me for my 7th birthday, he was wearing his as well. I remember that night as clear as day. Charlie has one to.

Five. 'go into Charlie's room and Lock the door, protect each other, Everything will be over soon, I will tell you to come out when everything's all clear, I love you two, I will be upstairs soon, I promise.' Ross stated and ran down the steps. Charlie and I ran into and locked the door behind us, we did as told. Ross failed to keep his promise. 'SHUT THE F*CK UP, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT' I heard my mom scream. One gunshot was heard, thoughts where running through my head and tears where streaming down my face. 'Everything will be over soon' is the though that kept running through my mind. Charlie ran to the house phone in her room and dialed '911'.

Everything after that is a huge blur, all I remember is Ross being pronounced dead 12 hours later.

**Out Of Flashback**

I Was gripping onto my key necklace so hard, blood started rushing down my pointer finger.

"Cat!" Harry frantically shook my shoulder and I dropped my ice cream.

"Awl." I whined

"Why weren't you answering me? I asked you a question like 10 minuets ago" He asked starring at my ice cream on the floor. I was also pouting at it, I only drove for 70 minuets to get it. I shook my head back to the present.