Mine 5

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 5 §§§

It's been what seemed like more than twenty minutes since Tanya got inside the club and she didn't know where Anne and Jeremy were. Neither of them returned and she began to feel a little awkward with all the stares the opposite sex was giving her.

She could swear that one of the men tried to approach her but one of the bodyguards strategically placed inside the club stopped him whispering something in the other man's ear. She didn't know what the bodyguard could have told the man to make him leave her alone. It was an accomplishment nevertheless.

She was actually starting to ask herself what could keep Jeremy and Anne for so long. She had nothing else to do other than singing along with the music and drinking her coke. She definitely didn't envision her night to be so boring.

Trapped in her own thoughts she was surprised when someone tapped her shoulder making her slightly jump off her seat.

"Sorry, Ty, I didn't mean to scare you" said a very upset Anne. She was almost crying, but she was holding back her tears because she didn't want to upset her friend.

"Anne? What happened? Why are you so upset? And where is Jeremy?" Tanya asked confused and a little annoyed by the entire situation.

Her questions seemed to make Anne even more sensitive, because she began to sob uncontrollably, throwing her arms around Tanya's shoulders who didn't know what to do. After all, Anne seemed really happy when she left looking for Jeremy and now she was crying.

"Anne, look at me!" Tanya ordered calmly, forcing her friend to look at her.

"What happened? Why are you so upset? Did someone hurt you?"

"It's Jeremy..." Anne mumbled through her sobs.

"Jeremy? Where is he?"

"You know that I left looking for him... and, when I got in the corridor, in order to call him, I heard voices. He was already inside the club, talking with the same woman who checked our IDs" she explained.

"And..." Tanya urged her, wanting to find out more.

"The woman threatened him. She told him that he should know the rules and that he should take care of his friends. One of her men grabbed him by his wrist and squeezed his hand until I swear that I heard a crack..."

"What the hell? They attack their costumers without reason. I don't understand".

"Then we have to help him" Tanya decided, obviously nervous because of what her friend was telling her.

"No... I jumped to help him, but he pushed me away. He told me to go back to our table and wait..."

"He yelled at me, Ty" Anne said, crying again.

"Did something else happen?"

"The woman's bodyguards dragged him upstairs. I tried to stop them but they pushed me away and Jeremy ordered me to go back to our table that he would solve this problem".

Tanya was boiling with anger. It was obvious that the lady in red had something against them. Now she knew it, by the way she glared in her direction, when they all did nothing wrong.

"Come on, Anne! We need to fix this and you definitely don't have to be upset. I'm sure that Jeremy was only trying to protect you" Tanya said through her teeth.

"Where are we going?" Anne asked while struggling to keep up with a furious Tanya.

"We're going to talk with that woman. She glared at us since we got in this damn club. I'm going to give her a piece of my mind... Then all three of us are going to leave this damn club" she said menacingly.

"But, Jeremy said to..."

"I don't care what he said. Nobody messes with my friends and gets away with it!"

The two girls ignored the stares in their direction while heading towards the secluded area of the club, where Tanya knew that she last saw the woman who ruined her night.