Mine 10

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 10 §§§

When they finally returned to the party after almost half an hour, they found Tanya and Lydia glaring at each other, while Anne was silently crying while hiding behind Tanya.   

“Go” Liam ordered seeing that Jeremy was struggling to not run toward the girl he loved.

Jeremy nodded as soon as he heard his command and ran to Anne. He was more than eager to envelope her in his arms and to soothe her. Seeing her cry was as painful for him as it was for her, so he was happy to hold her in his arms and to protect her from the outside world.

Liam walked in Lydia’s direction, without looking toward Tanya. A single look and he would lose it.

Lydia slightly bowed as soon as she saw him. She was a low rank compared to him and she couldn’t even look into his eyes without being disrespectful.

“I took the necessary measures with the boy. And I want you to let them be, are we clear?” Liam asked with coldness, forcing Lydia to instantly nod.

“Of course my lord” she answered quietly.

As soon as she and her bodyguards left, Liam turned around, analyzing his surroundings through his thick eye lashes.

Tanya was happy to see that Jeremy was alright, but she could not forget the fear she saw in her friend’s eyes as soon as Liam told him who he was. She couldn’t understand why. It’s true that the guy had a dangerous aura surrounding him, but let’s face it what could he do? It wasn’t as if he could actually kill him.

She pushed her thoughts away and decided to be quiet because she didn’t want to disturb her friends’ moment. Jeremy was kissing Anne with passion, apologizing over and over again for yelling at her and promising her that he would never make her cry again.

Tanya smiled when she saw them like that. She knew that under Jeremy’s thick mask was a sweet loving guy who was madly in love with her best friend. They looked so good together and they deserved to be happy together. Maybe this was why she was so furious. How did these strangers dare to scare her friends and threaten them?

“They look good together” a deep seductive voice whispered all of a sudden, verbalizing the same thing she thought just a few seconds before.  

Tanya didn’t actually know how to react, so she simply said an icy “yes” even though her emotions where all over the place. She could not understand why this guy’s proximity was affecting her so much.

“I think that I should introduce myself. I’m Liam” he said, desperately trying not to ruin their first moments together. He was used with women who wanted him, but he didn’t know how he should act in front of the only female who mattered.

“I know. You said it before, after threatening my friend” she pointed accusingly.