Mine 14

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 14 §§§

Nicholas didn’t know what a big surprise he was actually going to have as soon as this stranger was going to tell him more.

“What do you mean?” Nicholas asked confused because of this unexpected turn of events.

“If you care about her the way you tell you do then I guess that you have the right to know that Tanya is my mate” Liam finally admitted.

“What?” an outraged Nic screamed while jumping to his feet.

“No… you’re lying. You can’t be…” he accused while violently trembling.

“Why are you reacting like that Nicholas?” Liam asked, analyzing his opponent through narrowed eyes.  

“Are you in love with her? Is that what you were hiding from me?” he accused standing too, while implying that Nicholas was thinking about her more than a brother.

“…because if you were I would have to kill you. Nobody touches her” he whispered in Nic’s ear menacingly.  

Nicholas was in shock. He could not do anything. Something like that was surreal. It couldn’t happen even in their world.

“It can’t be…” he whispered before falling on his knees, making Liam suspect him even more of deceiving his sister, while loving her wrongly. Only Nicholas’s next words made Liam restrain himself from killing the vampire male which vulnerably stood in front of him.

“I failed… I can’t protect her anymore…” Nic lamented, his brain trying over and over again to process the unwelcomed information.   

A Harvey being her mate… was simply more than he could take.

He was the image of darkness and he was also one of the precious acquisitions of the Council, the same which killed her parents and forced her into oblivion. That was too much to take even for an old vampire as himself, but he had to think about her well being before doing anything reckless.

What if he was lying? He thought desperately trying to believe that something like that could not happen… Not even in their world…  

“How do I know that you are telling the truth?” he asked accusingly.  

“He’s not lying, Nic. I can feel his feelings for her, because I am bonded with him…” Jeremy said, talking for the first time during their conversation.

Nicholas couldn’t believe his ears. So many thoughts were running through his mind that he didn’t know what to believe anymore.

“Well, that changes things…” a lot… he added to himself, thinking about what he would do.