Mine 11

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 11 §§§

Liam was bleeding inside, but he knew better than forcing her to accept him. He was much older than her, so he knew that she was just scared. He had to give her time to adjust, even though it was painful.  

“Gregory” Liam called.

“Yes my lord” his loyal man answered immediately.

“Follow her” Liam ordered, obviously taking care that she wasn’t harmed in any way.

Gregory nodded, instantly disappearing through the crowd of people gathered inside the club. Tanya’s scent was quite easy to follow because of its unique perfume. 

Tanya ran outside the club, stopping in front of the entrance.

Her skin was still tingling from his touch and she didn’t know why she was so affected by his presence. She wasn’t the type of woman who was easily impressed by a man, but this was different.

So many new sensations were filling her heart that she could not read them which left her more confused than ever. It was true that she did not have experience with boys, but she felt something special after her encounter with the dark stranger, Liam.

After running away from him she felt a strange sense of abandonment and lost, so she called Nicholas. He was the only man whom she trusted entirely and in that moment she needed his comfort.  

“What happened baby girl?” Nic asked as soon as he picked up the phone.

“I’m sorry for calling you so late, but, please, could you come and pick me up? I don’t want to stay any longer, please…” she said in a mere whisper, trying to control her tears.

“I’m on my way. But, tell me what happened. Where are Jeremy and Anne?” he questioned in a cold tone of voice. Nicholas could tell that she was upset. He could even feel it through their bond, but he couldn’t let her know that. She was afraid of something, but he couldn’t quite put a name to her other strong emotions which seemed to develop inside of her.

“They’re inside the club and I don’t want to ruin their night. I just want to go home. I’m not feeling so good…” she explained.

Nicholas was sure that something happened, but he couldn’t force her to tell him. Besides, he already knew that she was probably the most stubborn female so he stopped trying. 

“You’re alone in front of the club? Get inside right now! Find Jeremy and stay with him until I get there!” Nicholas ordered raising his voice.

Damn it, Nic thought while trying to contact Jeremy from his other phone. But the guy didn’t answer. He couldn’t believe that he let something like that to happen. Jeremy should know better than letting Tanya alone, in the open, and most of all, in the middle of the night. It couldn’t get any better.

“No, Nic. I’m waiting here. I don’t want to go inside…” she replied stubbornly.

Typically… of course she would say something like that, Nicholas thought.  

“I’m coming. I should be there in a few minutes” he promised, pushing the speed pedal to the floor. He could not break his only true promise to himself…

“What? Where were you when I called you?” Tanya asked, slightly confused.

“On my way towards the club?” Nicholas admitted hesitantly.  

“OMG, you’re unbelievable! You… you overprotective psychotic brother…” she said chuckling, helping Nic to relax a little.

“I know. I’m the coolest guy in the world…” he joked too. 

“Yeah, whatever, if you say so…”