Mine 27

§§§ 27 §§§

Tanya’s deep sleep was disturbed by the presence of a man, a stranger lurking in the shadows, watching her, stalking her, calling her name over and over again, taunting her while caressing her mind with invisible hands.

She was afraid of the unknown, she was afraid of the dark fog surrounding her, she was afraid of him, but, at the same time, unexpectedly, she felt a strong feeling of comfort. His closeness and unconditional devotion baffled her.

As their silent interaction continued, under his black hood she could distinguish his childish face, his light brown hair covering his forehead and his eyes. But, as those dark green sparkling eyes pierced her with their intensity she knew the truth. This was no boy, but a savage creature tortured in pain.

His eyes betrayed his agony and despite the dark aura he emanated she wanted no, needed, to help him. His love for her cursed through her like blood flooded through her veins, making it impossible to deny the fact that he was hers. He was a part of her like her heart, her liver or her lungs.

And, just like her organs, outside of her he could not survive. This was a fact.

He wanted to seem strong but she could tell that he was at the limit of his powers. He needed her, just like a newborn needs his mother to survive. And, in that moment she gave him what he wanted. She opened her heart and gave him unconditional love. There was no time for questions; there was no need to know what she was doing. All that mattered was that he was there and she loved him. He was her child, her brother and her close friend, all rolled into one.

The silent footsteps approaching her and the light touch of a cold hand severed their connection, leaving her alone again. She could not feel the presence of the dark hooded boy again.

“Tanya, please open your eyes, baby girl! Please, come back to me!” a familiar voice implored her.

“Please, baby girl. I am here. I will never leave you alone again. You are safe now. Nobody is going to hurt you. Nobody is going to do something that you don’t like. Please, come back to me!” he whispered over and over again, penetrating the thick darkness in her head.

This man needed her too. He was in pain just like the boy has been. He was suffering because of her. She did not want that. She did not like to see them in pain. She did not want the darkness. She wanted the light. She always had wanted the light.

“Nic?” she barely whispered with trembling lips.

“Tanya? It’s me, Nicholas. Please open your beautiful eyes. Please talk to me!” he pleaded again grabbing her hand, effectively waking her from her trance like sleep.